TFAA known distance 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFAA known distance 3D

I was told there is a state known distance TFAA shoot this weekend at cinnamon creek. Anyone from TFAA know rules etc ? Have not seen any post on this

Surely Chris or Merissa will know something about this.

Comment

Ttt

Ttt

Comment

Ok so I have some information this is a 28 target shoot all known distance. Two arrows per target 50 yds max not sure if that is for all classes pending more info. You can shoot on either day price pending information. This is a great chance to verify your setup before ASA state. If I get more info I will update it here or possibly a TFAA rep might.

Comment

Is there a trad class and is it 50yd max too?

Bisch

Comment

The Specifics on the TFAA 3D shoot @ CCR

This is a TFAA 3D shoot and all rules and classes for TFAA will apply, you DO NOT have to be TFAA member to be eligible for all awards for this shoot.

There will be 28 McKenzie Targets with the IBO "11" ring. All known distance with nothing past 50 yards; cubs shoot nothing over 30 yards. If shot clean the total score would be 560 and 56 X's. Shooting two arrows per target. No more than 3 per target if we can make it work so that we can save some arrows. There will only be two stakes, one for the cubs and one for all others.

There are 5 age groups: cubs (11 & under), youth (12-14), young adult (15-17), adult (18-54), senior (55-64) and master senior (65+)

There is a possibility of 8 styles:
            Free Style - all ages
            Free Style Limited - all ages
            Free Sytle Limited Recurve Longbow - all but master senior
            Bowhunter Free Style - adult and senior only
            Bowhunter Free Style Limited - adult and senior only
            Bowhunter - adult and senior only
            Bare Bow - all ages
            Traditional - adult and senior only
            Your will be defined at the time of sign up.

The cubs, youth and young adult will be given a belt buckle for 1st, a silver medal for 2nd and a bronze medal for 3rd, they are not on the unit system.

Adult, Senior and Master Senior are on the unit system. If there are only have 1 to 3 shooters in a class 1st place only will receive a gold medal. If there are 4-6 shooters in a class, 1st place will receive a belt buckle and 2nd will receive a silver medal. If there are 7 + shooters in a class 1st will receive a buckle, 2nd will get a silver medal and 3rd will get a bronze medal. Classes will be flighted if there are enough to flight. If flighted first fight is the championship flight and the second is called the first flight and so on. For every flight needed, that flight will be on the unit system as well to receive medals only except for the championship flight which gets the buckle.

Entry fees will be posted shortly, I have to go back and look at the bid to make sure. I do know that they will be grouped as cub and youth as one price, all other as one price and there is also a family price for 3 or more.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call this week between 9am and 9pm, I'm on vacation this week and can answer during the day. Or IM me here on TBH and I'll answser back as quickly as possible. You may also go to www.texasfieldarchery.org to get specifics on each shooting style.

Hope to see as many as possible at CCR this weekend for the TFAA State 3D shoot, it is a perfect warm up for the ASA State in Brownwood the next weekend.

Comment

Come have some fun this weekend!!

Comment

Awesome!!!! I'm in!!!

Comment

Note some changes to informational post

There have been a couple of changes to the original post about what is going on with the TFAA Known 3D State Championship.

1. Belt buckles will be given for 1st place no matter the number of people in the class, 2nd and 3rd will be determined by the unit system (see above post for discription).

2. Instead of the 11 ring being in place, you can still get a score of 22 per target but you will now have to shoot the 12 rings within the 10 ring. This will make it a little more competitive and separate some folks within the classes.

Comment

Note some changes to informational post

There have been a couple of changes to the original post about what is going on with the TFAA Known 3D State Championship.

1. Belt buckles will be given for 1st place no matter the number of people in the class, 2nd and 3rd will be determined by the unit system (see above post for discription).

2. Instead of the 11 ring being in place, you can still get a score of 22 per target but you will now have to shoot the 12 rings within the 10 ring. This will make it a little more competitive and separate some folks within the classes.

Comment

Originally posted by target tease View Post
                      This is a TFAA 3D shoot and all rules and classes for TFAA will apply, you DO NOT have to be TFAA member to be eligible for all awards for this shoot.

There will be 28 McKenzie Targets with the IBO "11" ring. All known distance with nothing past 50 yards; cubs shoot nothing over 30 yards. If shot clean the total score would be 560 and 56 X's. Shooting two arrows per target. No more than 3 per target if we can make it work so that we can save some arrows. There will only be two stakes, one for the cubs and one for all others.

There are 5 age groups: cubs (11 & under), youth (12-14), young adult (15-17), adult (18-54), senior (55-64) and master senior (65+)

Free Style - all ages
                      Bare Bow - all ages

The cubs, youth and young adult will be given a belt buckle for 1st, a silver medal for 2nd and a bronze medal for 3rd, they are not on the unit system.

Adult, Senior and Master Senior are on the unit system. If there are only have 1 to 3 shooters in a class 1st place only will receive a gold medal. If there are 4-6 shooters in a class, 1st place will receive a belt buckle and 2nd will receive a silver medal. If there are 7 + shooters in a class 1st will receive a buckle, 2nd will get a silver medal and 3rd will get a bronze medal. Classes will be flighted if there are enough to flight. If flighted first fight is the championship flight and the second is called the first flight and so on. For every flight needed, that flight will be on the unit system as well to receive medals only except for the championship flight which gets the buckle.

Entry fees will be posted shortly, I have to go back and look at the bid to make sure. I do know that they will be grouped as cub and youth as one price, all other as one price and there is also a family price for 3 or more.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call this week between 9am and 9pm, I'm on vacation this week and can answer during the day. Or IM me here on TBH and I'll answser back as quickly as possible. You may also go to www.texasfieldarchery.org to get specifics on each shooting style.

Hope to see as many as possible at CCR this weekend for the TFAA State 3D shoot, it is a perfect warm up for the ASA State in Brownwood the next weekend.

Here are some changes to the information above,
                      1. buckles will be given out to all 1st place winners, 2nd and 3rd place will still be determined by the unit system (see above)
                      2. the 11 ring is out and the two 12 rings are in to separate the "men from the boys" so to speak within some of our crowded classes.

Comment

Originally posted by target tease View Post

Free Style - all ages
                        Bare Bow - all ages

Here are some changes to the information above,
                        1. buckles will be given out to all 1st place winners, 2nd and 3rd place will still be determined by the unit system (see above)
                        2. the 11 ring is out and the two 12 rings are in to separate the "men from the boys" so to speak within some of our crowded classes.

Comment

can you shoot either day or does it specifically have to be saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by TraditionalRJ View Post
                            can you shoot either day or does it specifically have to be saturday?

I would say either day, but will double check when she gets up and moving around.

Chris

Comment

Start times?
                              Entry fees?

Comment

Working...
                              X