Tyler Archery Club 1/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyler Archery Club 1/22

We will be hosting our first 3D club shoot on January 22. We have new officers (somehow I ended up as VP, go figure ) Although this one is on the third Sunday, future ones will be on the second Sunday

This first shoot will be a shotgun start at noon, if you buy a membership, you will shoot for free- this offer is only good for this shoot! Annual Memberships- individual/ $50; family/ $75; shoot fee/ $15/ person. Membership gets you the gate code to use the facility anytime you like.

30 McKenzie Targets (about half are new from last year, although we will use older targets too in order to save the McKenzies for the qualifier)

We will set up at 8 am, so any help will be appreciated!! If you can't get there at 8, but can be there at 9, that is fine too. It will take some time to set up 30 targets.

We have had some problems with the website which hopefully will be corrected soon. www.TylerArcheryClub.com
    In the meantime, shoot me a PM and I will answer any questions or send you my phone number for you to call.

Directions- From the east loop 323, take Hwy 64 east about 3- 4 miles. Turn left on Adam Henry Road, go 1/2- 3/4 mile, turn left between two houses. Signage will be up, but Adam Henry Road is right after Carl Owens Auto Repair. If you get to the Oil Palace, you went too far but not by much.

Merissa and I will try to make it.

Chris

Congrats on being V.P. !!

Comment

I think the 22 is the 4th Sunday this month.

Comment

Sounds fun, never shot for anything other than fun before. Might have to see if the wife will give me a kitchen pass to attend. Would be nice to have a place better set up to shoot than my backyard.

Comment

Just looked over you website and saw some reference to ASA rules, went to ASA and checked them out. I noticed a speed limit of 280 FPS, is that enforced? I don't want to have to adjust my bow or change arrows just to compete.

Comment

We don't have a chronograph but if you shoot at a qualifier (even ours) you will be DQ'd for too fast of a bow.

We are just a small family oriented club and typically compete with the honor sytem. We don't have time to go around and make sure everyone is scoring fairly either. We want you to come out and have fun and enjoy the fellowship. Unless your bow is so much faster than everyone else's that is is clearly an advantage, I don't think it will be a problem. However, if someone complains, be a stand up guy about it.

AND- welcome to TBH!!
            Last edited by Pistol; 01-09-2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

sounds like fun. I've been looking for a place to shoot close to Palestine and haven't had much luck. Coach

Comment

I Upgraded my Mathews Q2XL last year to a Bowtech Assassin. I am shooting around 297 fps. I wouldn love to come out and compete, just don't want to make wholesale changes just to do so. I have never shot any kind of bow competition and definitely would not want to cause waves my first time out.

Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

Looking forward to making this one. See u there

Comment

Good deal- glad to see you will make it!

Comment

Can we get memberships when we arrive??

Comment

Absolutely! That is one of the main reasons for this particular shoot, but you can get a membership anytime at the club.

Comment

Glad to see you up and running. will do my best to be there.

Comment

Have to apologize for scheduling this the same day as Mesquite's first shoot. I think it was miscommunication on our part, but this is the only month they are set on the same day. Sorry Tim!

Comment

With Stacey as the VP range master, this should be a great course!

Comment

Working...
                              X