• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy sweet taters

Cut large sweet potatoes into 1 inch slices crossways, not lengthwise
    Butter both sides
    Sprinkle your favorite Steak Seasoning on both sides
    Grill over indirect heat until tender

The butter will carmelize and turn dark but, if you did this right, won't be burned.

Tastes like candy

JUST SENT THIS TO MY WIFE AND TOLD HER TO PICK UP SOME TATERS THIS EVENING TO TRY IT OUT ON SAT.

Comment

My wife does this in skillet but with brown sugar and cinnamon . GOOOOOOOOOD

Comment

K-town. I do it that way in my cowboy wok (plow disk). I can not fix enough or fast enough at camp.
        1-big skeeter, I will try it this way with my personal seasoning. Sounds good.

Comment

Sounds very good, I will try this. Where I live here in Avoyelles parish La they grow a lot of sweet potatoes and is probably the biggest producer besides the state of kentucky. We eat them a lot of ways with my 2 favorite being cut them into medallions and deep fry them then top with a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon. The other way I like them is on the side of a big bowl of gumbo. Split the potatoe and put a big glob of butter in it. Next add a big spoonful of the gumbo juice in the potatoe. UM UM good.

Comment

Had to stop and get some today. Will try tomorrow

Comment

i like to just wrap in foil and bake,then butter salt and pepper oh thats gooood...

Comment

I like them taters any way you can cook em . Havent tried em this way so its on my list to do for shore .

Comment

I love sweet taters

Comment

take an apple slicer and slice a sweet tater long ways. taters will look like big, thick french fries. pan fry taters in olive oil and sprinkle w/ cinnamon sugar!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1 big skeeter View Post
                      Cut large sweet potatoes into 1 inch slices crossways, not lengthwise
                      Butter both sides
                      Sprinkle your favorite Steak Seasoning on both sides
                      Grill over indirect heat until tender

The butter will carmelize and turn dark but, if you did this right, won't be burned.

Tastes like candy
                      Yummmmmm....this recipe makes me REALLY miss my grill. Not quite the same when you have to trek down 5 floors to cook.

Comment

sounds good

Comment

Working...
                        X