aoudad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aoudad?

any good recipes? my buddy gave me a ham from his, i have got in into several roast in the freezer,i can slice steaks or whatever. are chicken fried steaks good from these?

Bill

Aoudad is great if you like boot leather and old tires. Otherwise, it's pretty tough and often kinda rank. Make jerky or sausage (or dog food).

Comment

The best thing to do with aoudad is to throw it away. Saves you alot of tired jaw muscles and a stinky house. I have tried it every way that you can, and the best I have come up with is to just whack the horns off and be done with them.

Comment

last time I had aoudad I felt like this

Comment

I agree with all of the above. Shot one a couple years ago and it STANK like CRAP!

If your going to eat one, you should throw some Javelina in with it so you can eat two things at the same time that are not meant for human consumption...

Comment

About the only use I've found for any of the sheep is to make sasuage from it.. and that weren't bad...

On the other hand young Javelina is very good when barbecued

Comment

Cut into 1" steaks.
              Season heavily with barnicle dust.
              Grill on a cedar plank for 30 minutes at about 200 degrees.
              Let it sit for 10 minutes after taking it off the grill, at room temperature.
              Throw the steak in the trash and eat the cedar plank!

Ask Farfromhome ... he likes that stinky stuff, but I think he said he grinds all his.

Comment

Don't listen to everybody else...they're just talking nonsense

Treat it just like you would any other piece of meat, trim out all the silver, and took to taste after marinating it overnight. We eat it all the time.

Guess some people just don't know how to treat meat or are too sensitive....girly men!

Comment

point taken, i guess i should have known a sheep is a sheep,last sheep-marino... i tried,thought i would have to clean a gut shot deer in my kitchen to get the smell out,thanks guys for the heads up.
                  Bill

Comment

Originally posted by 7pointbuck View Post
                    point taken, i guess i should have known a sheep is a sheep,last sheep-marino... i tried,thought i would have to clean a gut shot deer in my kitchen to get the smell out,thanks guys for the heads up.
                    Bill
                    Yep a sheep is still a sheep and no true Texican would ever really "like" eating sheep meat...

Now cabrito is another story...

Comment

Soak in italian over nite !!

Comment

you just have to know how to pepare it and grill it! THE BEST STEAK IVE EVER MADE BESIDES ELK AND AXIS!!!! you have to tenderize it very well or it will be pretty tough. marinade overnight in worchesterchire sauce, lemon juice and then put any season you want. i use mccormick montreal steak. throw on the grill for a few minutes on each side (medium rare-rare, closer to rare. THE ONLY WAY TO EAT STEAK OR MEAT, NEED THE JUICES)

Comment

Comparing axis (and elk), to aoudad, is like comparing apples to ... rocks!

Comment

you have got to try aoudad steaks on the grill man! ive heard that it was like trying to eat an old boot, so we tenderized it really good and it ended up being really good! you shoot one ill give you the directions/recipe adn you will be amazed!

Comment

Your best bet is to take it to tour nearest processor and have them mix some pork and make it all in to sausage

Comment

Working...
                              X