Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City of Surfside closed off to non-residents???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City of Surfside closed off to non-residents???

Somehow they closed off access to the island July 4th and 5th Saturday and Sunday at 11:00am to non-residents. Not sure how they are legally doing that? There are orange TXDOT lighted signs on FM-523 saying this. The roads leading to San Luis Island, which Surfside is on, SH-332 and FM-3005 called the "Blue Water Highway" are state roads, not local streets.

The Texas Open Beaches Act guarantees all Texas residents access to the wet beach from the waterline to the mean high tide mark. Plus it disallows cities and counties from restricting access to the wet beach. The dry beach from the high tide mark to the natural vegetation line is usually privately owned or part of the public beach easement, and Texas residents are allowed access to the wet beach through this. So how in the HE11 are we being legally deprived of this?

I feel your pain.

Comment

Your avatar kills me, lol

Good point. Throw jurisprudence out the window when a public health emergency comes?

Comment

If there was a method to this madness and scientific research that this would help the end then I would not be so disappointed/anger etc. Even experts are just guessing and change their minds constantly. The one thing most experts have agreed on is that over 50% of the population will contract this virus in some form weather it be no symptoms up to fatal.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
          Your avatar kills me, lol

Good point. Throw jurisprudence out the window when a public health emergency comes?
          My neighbor was mowing yesterday and i sneezed twice. Maybe we should close Liverpool? Don't think many people would notice though?

Comment

When POTUS declared a public health emergency your rights went out the window. Broad latitude is given public health officials to make decisions based on the public health and welfare.
            Thank our president.

Comment

Just say you barely moved and haven’t changed your address.

This is ridiculous.

Comment

Kinda like the mask mandate. It’s not a law. How can they enforce the fine?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Kinda like the mask mandate. It’s not a law. How can they enforce the fine?
                  I’ve been going mask free, even when I’ve been told to put it on. Lol. No tickets yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X