Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child defense

The parent post got me started on this

I went to a hand to hand combat course in 2005.
    My daughter was 3 when I took this class. I am by no means a trainer in Maui thai or any kind of hand to hand combat . My daughter is 16 years old now and she can arm bar me and put me on my face if I'm not ready. It gives me a lot of comfort knowing she can defend herself. Send your daughters to a course or teach her to fight

Make your baby girls violent, it might save their life.

I was a state LEO trainer for 20 years. I taught my daughter, then 15, how to fight and defend herself. She could kick my legs out and knock me to the ground.
    good stuff.

Comment

Poor guys, it's bad enough meeting daddy, then daddys a cop too.

Comment

I agree. For those in the Austin area, we do a free self defense seminar at ATX Martial Arts on the first Saturday of every even month. Atxmartialarts.com

Comment

Taught, mine to shoot...……..

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
            Taught, mine to shoot...……..
            that will work when she is on the way home from school without a gun...

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
              that will work when she is on the way home from school without a gun...
              We're passed that...…..

Comment

my ex-wife called me one day to inform me that I "needed" to talk to MY daughter ( who lived with her) as she had just spent that last week in detention for fighting at school. Seems a girl a head taller and 50 pounds heavier had grabbed my daughter by the neck and shoved her against the wall...in lunch line. Daughter "did that thing" and slammed her to the floor, lunch tray and all. Then girls older (and bigger) brother grabbed daughter...same result.

I told her if she fights at school she has to pay the piper....I asked if the other two in this fight did detention. Well, seems we have a problem, only daughter, the victim, did detention. After I got thru with the head of the board of education he was glad to make the other two do detention also.

I later asked my daughter if those kids bothered her anymore. No, says sweet child, they walk on the other side of the hall from me.......

Comment

Was a USMC RECON, LEO instructor, for hand to hand. Oldest daughter can take care of herself and youngest has had detention.
                  The best rule I gave them was never start a fight but be sure you finish it.
                  I use the rule hit, kick, bite , head butt, grab the who whos, gouge eys ect anything goes.

Comment

Sweep the feet.

Comment

My daughter had a girl pushing on her at the bus stop. Taught her how to throw a real punch and not a girl slap. Told her the next time she pushed you to pull back and tell her if she did it again she would knock the $#it out of her. Never had another problem.

Comment

Good advice, thanks for sharing. My daughter took Kickboxing and Zumba for years. She turns 46 this year and never had to use her training, Thank God!

Comment

It is a shame we are there, but these are the times that we live in. We need to teach our kids/grandkids to take care of themselves, especially when their parents are not nearby to intervene.

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
                            Was a USMC RECON, LEO instructor, for hand to hand. Oldest daughter can take care of herself and youngest has had detention.
                            The best rule I gave them was never start a fight but be sure you finish it.
                            I use the rule hit, kick, bite , head butt, grab the who whos, gouge eys ect anything goes.

This is all they need to know, both my boys are in karate and bjj , but like I told them let them talkbut when they put their hands on y’all unleash the arse whuppin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X