Awesome build!

Comment

Looking good!!

Comment

This is an awesome build!

Comment

Nice

Comment

We went out to the cabin this Friday 7-19-19. We got there too late to get anything done on Friday afternoon, But Saturday and Sunday we got a lot done.

Saturday we finished siding the West side of the cabin (pic1) and got half of the back of the cabin sided. It was really hot with no shade mid-day, so we decided to go inside the cabin and work on the flooring. We added some additional bracing on the beams where the plywood meets each other. We were able to get 4 out of the 12 sheets installed. At that point there was enough shade in the afternoon to begin the siding on the east side of the cabin. we got half way up on the east side and decided to call it a day. That afternoon our neighbor stopped by and invited us to dinner, we showered up and had a great evening with them. We are really lucky that both neighbors are like minded and great people.

Sunday we finished up on the back side and East side. So we have officially completed the siding.

Next step is to install the soffit and Fascia around the cabin, Install the 3 large atrium windows on the front above the porch roofline. Then we can install the porch roof, exterior doors and the remaining flooring to be dried in.
            Attached Files

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

love this thread

Comment

You are my hero.

Comment

this is awesome!

Comment

Looking awesome!

Comment

Looks like you guys are killin it, great looking place

Comment

Looking great!

Comment

I took this past Friday off so Andy and I along with a friend named Rex drove out Thursday evening so we could get an early start on things Friday.

Friday we started working on the west side of the cabin, installing the soffit (pic 1) the fascia boards and the Rake trim. (pics 2&3) Then we headed to the east side and did the same. (Pic 4)

Saturday we started out by installing the front soffit and Fascia (pic 5&6) At that point we were 100% complete on the soffit and fascia board because the back of the cabins roof-line terminates at the wall so we only need to install a gutter on that side. (pic 7 is a picture with all soffit and fascia completed. then we painted the trim and stained the walls and soffit above the front porch roof line. (pic 8) Finally on Saturday we installed the porch roof panels and finished staining the entire front. (pics 9&10)

Sunday we woke to a beautiful sunrise! (pic 11) We started out working on the side door. I got the doors for the cabin off of craigslist for 100.00 each. They were brand new SOLID wood doors that are heavy as heck. I made the mistake of taking the doors out there very early in the build. They we out there well over a year unprotected. They we extremely stained but not ruined thank goodness. They were so nice originally I just planned to clear coat them but because of the weathering I had to change that to painting them. We prepped the door by sanding them and installing the holes for the hardware. then we hung the door in the door frame. (pic 12) Finally we trimmed out the door frame and continued to paint and stain until we were finished with that side.

We now have two sides stained and painted and to me it looks awesome! (pics 13,14 & 15) Colors used: Trim & Doors is Navy Seawall and Stain is Cabot Mission Brown.

Attached Files

Comment

You do amazing work!!

Comment

I was wondering where this thread went! Looking good!

Comment

Working...
                                X