300 Win Mag factory ammo - decent group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 Win Mag factory ammo - decent group

Just wanted to show off what some factory Hornady 200gr ELD-X did for me at the range yesterday. Factory ammo has came a long ways....still going to hand load for some berger’s

Impressive and from a factory rifle at that.

Very nice.

Comment

Hell yeah brother!

Comment

Good group!

Comment

If I was you I’d get the lot/run number off the box and go buy all the store had in stock.

Comment

dang good group

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
              Impressive and from a factory rifle at that.

Very nice.
              It's been worked on a little but still factory for the most part

Comment

Nice. I took my factory 1965' M70 in 300 WM to the range on Saturday. Shooting same holes at 100yrd with the Hornady 165 btsp. Hornady is the only ammo I can get sub moa groups with out of the Win Model 70.

Comment

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post
                  Just wanted to show off what some factory Hornady 200gr ELD-X did for me at the range yesterday. Factory ammo has came a long ways....still going to hand load for some berger’s

That is awesome. That stuff usually doesn't do that well in most of our testing. I'd try to find more of that same lot# as well!

Comment

Niiiiice

Comment

That load is awesome. This was a 3 shot group at 100 yards out of my factory Savage 110 HS Precision with that same factory load. Very impressed.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That same ammo shot 1/2 out of my 300 as well.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                          That is awesome. That stuff usually doesn't do that well in most of our testing. I'd try to find more of that same lot# as well!
                          What do y’all typically try in the 300 Win Mag’s y’all build? It’s nice to have a factory load that shoots so well but I’m going to hand load for Berger’s

Comment

I had real good luck with the Federal Non-Typical 180 gr in my TC Compass.

These were the first 6 shots out of the gun.

Comment

Hornady ammo in general has ALWAYS done me well or had a load that was submoa in any rifle I have had. A close second if not a tie would be federal gold metal match SMK ammo. The ELDX has been sub moa in every rifle and caliber I have put it through but has only been the "best" out of all factory loads I tested in one of my rifles. All others either shot the ELDM or Federal gold metal match SMK ammo better. That is really splitting hairs and down to 1/16ths of an inch out to 500 yds. The 200gr ELDX in the 300WM is really doing some work out at 1000+ yds and the only factory loads I had ran across that are better are HSM loaded VLDs.

Comment

Working...
                              X