QuickLoad data help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QuickLoad data help

I am a Mac user and can not use Quickload on my computer. I was hoping someone with the program could run me 2 loads. 308 Winchester

Looking for bullet exit time of 0.907 ms. How much powder and COAL gets me there?

180 gr Nosler Accubond p/n 54825
    Case trim 2.04"
    with RL15 powder.
    CCI #200 primer

and
    168gr Accubond Long Range (LR) p/n 58455
    with same exit time, trim and powder

I have limited components and exit time tuning has always got me accurate loads to fine tune. Thanks for any help from you Quick Load folks.

Post your request on the Nosler reloading forum. There is a couple of guys that will run it for you

Comment

will give this a try, thanks mkk

Comment

I'm ignorant and don't reload.

Care to answer a question?

Comment

What is your barrel length?

And how did you determine .907MS is your OBT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            What is your barrel length?

And how did you determine .907MS is your OBT?

With help from a friend:
            OBT was figured from a spreed sheet that takes barrel length and material as well as flash hider length and material. The 0.907ms is the 12 reflection.
            Barrel is 16" carbon steel ( Wave Front Velocity in material Carbon Steel > 3%=19,107 ft/sec)

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
              I'm ignorant and don't reload.

Care to answer a question?
              sure why not.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                sure why not.
                What Mike D asked [emoji1303]

Not sure what that means or it's affect on accuracy. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                  What Mike D asked [emoji1303]

Not sure what that means or it's affect on accuracy. Thank you
                  to figure out Optimal Barrel Time you need to know barrel length and material.
                  Each material has a shock wave time associated with it. The idea is to have the bullet exit the barrel when the wiping action along the barrel is at the inflection (center) of the wiping motion.
                  Here is a good article explaining the theory.
                  http://www.the-long-family.com/OBT_paper.htm

Comment

Haven’t used the OBT feature of QL, and I run QL on my Mac! I can check in to the data for you if you’d like. I’ve actually been using GRT more than QL recently.

Comment

Ran it for you, I don't have the 168 accubond LR in my library, ran it for the 165 accubond and 180. Reloader 15 doesn't look like you're going to get the OBT time you're looking for with a 16" barrel; I tried shorter and longer lengths than the 2.8 OAL. The closest I could get was by shortening the cartridge OAL which would require a dangerously high level of powder with a fill of about 108%. I'm not going to show the load here because it's WAY over max.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                        Ran it for you, I don't have the 168 accubond LR in my library, ran it for the 165 accubond and 180. Reloader 15 doesn't look like you're going to get the OBT time you're looking for with a 16" barrel; I tried shorter and longer lengths than the 2.8 OAL. The closest I could get was by shortening the cartridge OAL which would require a dangerously high level of powder with a fill of about 108%. I'm not going to show the load here because it's WAY over max.
                        Thanks. I was thinking the 14th refraction will be an exit time of 1.21ms. Can I get that?

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                          Haven’t used the OBT feature of QL, and I run QL on my Mac! I can check in to the data for you if you’d like. I’ve actually been using GRT more than QL recently.

Dang Robert, when is the last time you updated?

Comment

I was able to find a load close to 1.21ms, however it's only producing 33k psi pressure and I WOULD NOT run it. At 2.8 OAL ~34.8gr with the 180 AB should get you close where you want to be producing just under 2k fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Dang Robert, when is the last time you updated?

It's been a bit since I update QL, been using GRT quite a bit developing loads for my 6GT and some new stuff for the 260ai. I'll probably update soon, but without a CD rom drive on any of my 4 computers it's kinda a PIA!

Comment

Working...
                              X