Let’s see your chicken coops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been wanting to get some chickens for a while but need to build a coop. Thought about buying a pre-made but they look really expensive for the quality you get. I’d like to see y’all’s and get any tips you might have for a beginning chicken farmer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s a thread on one I built last year.

DIY chicken coop

After everything I spent on material, I would’ve been better off buying one from Texas Cedar Shop.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy590 View Post
      I’ve been wanting to get some chickens for a while but need to build a coop. Thought about buying a pre-made but they look really expensive for the quality you get. I’d like to see y’all’s and get any tips you might have for a beginning chicken farmer!

My advice is if you can't free range them don't get them.

Comment

I’ve had chickens for 20 years and they are not free range. Best tasting eggs ever.

Comment

Still working on this one. Started painting it the other day and it started raining on me. Still have to add the nesting boxes to the front and then get back on the painting. I’ll probably add a solar power fan and a couple more windows.

Comment

I use this Little Giant chicken Water

I used to gave egg boxes inside. It was a mess a bought boxes that hung in outside of building. way better

I use this automatic chicken door

Browse our wide selection of automatic coop doors, predator traps, lights, and accessories! Our high-quality products are designed to make your life easier.

I made these feeder out of 4 inch thin wall sewer pipe

Last edited by Stan R; 04-09-2022, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Serious chicken farms

Comment

I don’t have pictures of mine. Mine free range but for the coop I bought a 10x10 Arrow Shed and installed an automatic chicken door. Totally self sufficient, we just throw them some scraps every now and then.

Comment

Theres a whole bunch in the D I Y section.

Comment

I don't have pictures but I built ours out of a 18 by 21 carport. The ones you see for 799 installed.. I put wood fence pickets around 3 sides . On one end I set post hung a door and covered the end with horse panel. We don't have any fancy water or feeders. Just tubs on the ground.. I bought 4 or 5 slanted plastic laying boxes so the eggs roll under the perch . Keeps them from getting broken..

Comment

My sister really like her Carolina chicken coop.

Discover our wide selection of high-quality chicken coops and accessories designed to make chicken keeping easy and set you and your flock up for success.

Comment

Just built this last week with my dad.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wow y’all are serious about your chicken coops. But that the way to do it, is the right way and keep the predators out.

Comment

Tagged....I'm at the lease right now but I'll take pictures of mine tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedAg08 View Post
                              Just built this last week with my dad.
                              Nice! How many chickens will you have in there? I know nothing about chickens but want some.

Comment

Working...
                              X