Bruce Willis is retiring from acting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruce Willis is retiring from acting.

“Bruce has been experiencing some health issues and has been recently diagnosed with aphasia, which is impacting his cognitive abilities”
    “As a result of this and with much consideration Bruce is stepping away from the career that has meant so much to him.”

Best of luck to him.

Not being disrespectful but I thought he was kind of out of the business and retired. I guess most never really are.

Comment

I had to look up aphasia. Not sure what's going on with him but this seems to happen from strokes, among other things. Haven't heard news from him in a while. Hope he fully recovers.

Comment

I love the old BW work. He could still have a career in politics.

Comment

Always enjoyed his movies. Hope he does well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
            He could still have a career in politics.

Comment

I have a family member dealing with aphasia due to to a stroke. There are several ways it can affect you depending what part of the brain is damaged. Some have a hard time comprehending the meaning of words both spoken and written. Some can think clearly but can't find the words to verbalize their thoughts. With "global aphasia" you have difficulty with both. Sometimes it gets better sometimes not.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                He could still have a career in politics.
                All this time I just thought old Joe was a dumb arse. Turns out he suffers from Aphasia.

Comment

I love the old BW work. He could still have a career in politics.
                  Oh man this got me. Heck I've been feeling a little foggy myself and had some head trauma a few years back. Might ask the doc.

Comment

Feel bad for him but I'll get over this faster than I will Charlie Robison's medically forced retirement.

Comment

Sucks. Hate to see anyone go through that. He always struck me as a pretty cool dude.

I remember a while back he was active on some of the 1911 specific gun forums.

Comment

Everyone should have such a career and know when to walk away.

Will be fun to watch him b-slap some comedian at the academy awards next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
                          I had to look up aphasia. Not sure what's going on with him but this seems to happen from strokes, among other things. Haven't heard news from him in a while. Hope he fully recovers.
                          X2, had to look it up. Very discouraging to read about this type illness. Good luck to him.

Comment

Just watched Die Hard 4 last night-
                            Love Bruce Willis

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                              Not being disrespectful but I thought he was kind of out of the business and retired. I guess most never really are.
                              No way- he’s been churning out a high volume of b-grade action flicks for Netflix for a while now.

Hate this for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X