Old Pipeline Junk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Pipeline Junk?

I have a couple pipelines and old well sites on my property. There's some old valves that dont look to have been touched since the 1980s. Is there a process to get this stuff removed? Surely, there's no product running through any of this?

Pics of some of it. Some is on skids and could be easily moved but it's connected. Who should I talk to or is this a potential for SSS?

Call the producer. They may not be in business any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      Call the producer. They may not be in business any longer.
      The old lease signs say Clayton Williams. Some of it appears to be pipeline stuff and some of it well site stuff. And Im not really sure how to tell what from what.

Im not above taking it apart myself or even paying to have it done if needed. Id just like to get it gone safely.

Comment

Railroad commission website. The RRC Gis viewer may have all the info you need for the operator and the status of the line.

Comment

You need to contact the railroad commission.

Comment

You can contact rrc

Probably won’t do any good. I own probably 15 acres total combined of JUNK. they won’t do anything with. But that’s ok. Land is so cheap now I don’t mind them leaving it there. Thieves and crooks

Comment

Old gas run for a chart recorder. Yes it is unhooked on one end but is it still tied to a live line somewhere upstream and downstream from there? Call local RRC office and get them involved to be safe.

Comment

So what angle should I approach them with? Seems I hear some say they will help and a lot of people say they are useless. Would me telling them Im going to remove it myself get them moving?

Comment

I may be over thinking this, but I would suggest not taking that apart yourself. Who knows where its fed from, or if theres still product in the lines. Could be dangerous and messy. I would called the RRC and try to figure out whos responsible for it. Hopefully they were bought out and didnt just go bankrupt. If bought out, somebody is likely responsible for it today and you might can get them to take it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Put me in the useless department until proven wrong. It really just depends on who the high mucky-muck in your area is.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                      So what angle should I approach them with? Seems I hear some say they will help and a lot of people say they are useless. Would me telling them Im going to remove it myself get them moving?
                      Tell them it is leaking and needs repair or removal....

Comment

I doubt it's under pressure, but you don't want to be wrong especially if you don't know what you are doing. It could have H2S in it and you don't want to mess with that.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                          I may be over thinking this, but I would suggest not taking that apart yourself. Who knows where its fed from, or if theres still product in the lines. Could be dangerous and messy. I would called the RRC and try to figure out whos responsible for it. Hopefully they were bought out and didnt just go bankrupt. If bought out, somebody is likely responsible for it today and you might can get them to take it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Here lies the issue (in my area). These junk wells were sold and sold and sold and sold again…. Cause they ain’t worth anything. They are junk. The broke %^&$s that own them ain’t got 2 nickels to rub together… so they won’t plug and do anything. They pay their small “permit “ fees and leave it… until they sell it to another guy that’s “gonna get er going again…”

We ain’t talking Shell, Exxon…. We’re talking Joe Bobs well service and landscaping….LLC

I got one company I have to deal with that’s signage is no )&&% wrote with a magic marker…
                          Last edited by Low Fence; 03-19-2022, 12:27 PM.

Comment

As much as I side with you on getting it gone I would let the experts deal with it.

You pull that valve off and there is something under pressure you are going to have a big mess at the least and probably have to pay for clean up and some kind of fine

Comment

scrap iron prices are pretty good right now i think.

Comment

Working...
                              X