Fly Tying Vise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly Tying Vise

My hunting season is getting close to being over and I’m starting to plan out my summer fly fishing adventures. I’ve been tying on a basic clamp vise and looking to up grade to something with a rotary function, not necessarily a true rotary.

I’ve been looking at some of the upper end ones such as Peak and also some of the sub $100 ones.

I know we have some on here that tie flies and was curious what your experiences are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regal

Comment

Used to have a renzetti traveler that I really liked.
      I got out of tying so I sold it, but if I ever took it up again thats the one I'd buy.
      If I recall correctly, the standard jaws held the largest range of hook sizes. Some other brands you have to swap jaw sizes depending on hook size.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        Regal

Yeah that’s a nice one for sure, out of my range though

Comment

Happy with my Renzetti Traveler. Have heard good things about Peak vises, which come at a bit lower price point.

Comment

I have a Peak rotary that does everything I need and more.

Comment

I have a Renzetti traveler also and really like it.

Comment

I think I have a Peak non rotary vice I never use for crappie jigs. I like my cheap Cabelas kit vice better.

Comment

The Peak rotary is very nice. I don't think it will leave you wanting more anytime soon.

Comment

I’ve got a Dyna-King and love it.

Comment

I’ve got a renzetti traveler that I really like. You are welcome to come check it out before you buy one.

Comment

Another Renzetti Traveler here. I've been using it for about 30 years. Great vise. True rotary is the way to go, whatever vise you decide on.

Comment

Peak rotary or renzetti traveller seem to be the best for the money.

Comment

Fly Tying Vise

Thanks for all the feedback, if anyone knows of one for sale I’d appreciate you passing on the info. I’ll look into the Traveler.

Comment

I’ve got a renzetti saltwater traveler I’d consider letting go of. Also another vote for renzetti, great for the price

Comment

Working...
                              X