No announcement yet.

Boating Mishap....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear my kill switch religiously and actually wore a PFD while fishing by myself Saturday.

I actually felt responsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Sept. 20, 1989 Lake Travis. This exact thing happened to me at 65 mph. No kill switch. No life jacket. Ran over twice. Thought I was invincible. I wasn’t. What I was though…LUCKY!!

I truly believe that if I’d had a life jacket on, I’d have died that day as the boat pushed me under both times.

And no I’m not saying don’t wear a life jacket.
      No Sir, you weren’t lucky , You were Blessed!

Comment

Sad deal. Prayers for his family.

I've been in a boating accident. You never think it will happen to you, until it does.
        I still have to remind myself to put my lanyard on.

Comment

Sad deal… I went to school with Ryan and got a call this weekend about the accident.

Comment

You never think it will happen to you, when it does its too late. Sad deal for sure

Comment

I always wear mine. Even when I'm not driving, because if my Son in-law is driving, he doesn't put it on, so I will. Figured if I get thrown overboard, it will stop the boat, and if he gets thrown, all I have to do is just pull it.

Comment

I wear a life jacket while running and fishing and attach my kill switch to my belt with a SS snap hook when running. When I stop I attach my kill snap hook to the steering wheel that way I don't forget to hook it back on my belt.

Comment

Working...
                X