Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATI View Post
    Meh!

I think Suppressors are overrated. You want one that turns the "Boom" into "Plink" and they simply don't do that. When you shoot your gun, people within a mile or more radius will still hear you (depending on your location), so.... On top of that they mess with your gun's cycling and throw extra gas into your face.

They look cool though! you can save some money and the trouble and buy a fake one.

Comment

Meh!

I think Suppressors are overrated. You want one that turns the "Boom" into "Plink" and they simply don't do that. When you shoot your gun, people within a mile or more radius will still hear you (depending on your location), so.... On top of that they mess with your gun's cycling and throw extra gas into your face.

They look cool though! you can save some money and the trouble and buy a fake one.

I think of suppressors as more effective flash hiders. They almost completely eliminate concussion, keep your flash signature down when shooting in low light or night, and will keep your ears from being completely destroyed in the event you do have to shoot your gun without ear pro. Completely worth it in my opinion.

Also, a suppressed .22 is super quiet, fun and useful.

Comment

Here is my 2 cents. Have one and love it. Is it on my deer rifle300 win? No. My long range rifle (300prc)? No.
        I use it on my 300blk bolt action mostly because that’s where it shines. ARs you’ll mostly have a face full of gas and it’s sometimes not fun. Also those big rounds it’s still going to damage hearing and be really loud. A Sonic boom is 140+db. Even my 300blk AR is annoyingly loud subsonic compared to the bolt action due to the gas system and need to use slower powder to cycle.

Light weight 85-150gr 300blk with trailboss or n32c is the greatest combo I’ve found. 223 with trailboss is fun to.

Comment

Would a suppressor be worth it on a 7mm-08 youth bolt action with reduced recoil rounds? Been tossing around the idea but since its not subsonic thought it might not be worth it. The other part of me thinks it might be for some reduced muzzle flash ect with a youth behind the trigger. But for $1,000 he might just need to cowboy up…

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
            I think of suppressors as more effective flash hiders. They almost completely eliminate concussion, keep your flash signature down when shooting in low light or night, and will keep your ears from being completely destroyed in the event you do have to shoot your gun without ear pro. Completely worth it in my opinion.

Exactly. They don’t make it Hollywood quiet. But, my banshee (9mm) with a suppressor is pretty quiet and very, very accurate. Also, it’s just a real fun platform to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post

I wonder if I can put a Dead Air - Nomad L on a 17 HMR!? that would be a quiet and deadly combo.

Comment

Meh!

Hahaha I agree with this. Just always wanted one mainly for my AR for you know, for the looks lol just been throwing around the idea and wanted to see what some of you guys had to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarred View Post
                  Hahaha I agree with this. Just always wanted one mainly for my AR for you know, for the looks lol just been throwing around the idea and wanted to see what some of you guys had to say.
                  They are useful. It isn't just for looks. Get one.

Properly gassed barrel takes care of any excess gas issues. Quick and easy remedy for an overgassed gun you may already own is right here.

https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/Ad...Drive-c6464009
                  Last edited by Clay C; 05-04-2022, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarred View Post
                    Thanks for the info guys. From what I’ve read so far, the silencershop trust is the ways to go.

I don’t think so. I prefer to have a lawyer that specializes in NFA law to do mine. I know I can call and ask what the actual law is on something and not rely on internet wanna be lawyers.

Plus they can guide you for future changes to your trust, most of the time at no additional cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Meh!

You clearly used junk *** suppressors and didn’t know how to tune an AR.

They aren’t movie quiets unless you’re shooting subs. You won’t hear it at a mile. You won’t hear it at half a mile. A quality suppressor will knock the sound way down.

Certain cans add more back pressure than others. ARs need adjustable gas blocks to remedy this. And you need to know how to tune it. It’s very easy.

223 specific cans are nearly worthless as there’s not a big difference in them and a 30 cal can except now you’re stuck with a can you can only use on 224 diameter stuff.

Buy a rimfire can too. You’re welcome

Comment

I wonder if I can put a Dead Air - Nomad L on a 17 HMR!? that would be a quiet and deadly combo.

It’s really not as quiet as you think. There’s no getting away from the sonic crack which is the majority of what you hear on a rimfire anyway.

And I totally disagree with your assessment on center fire cartridges. Almost all can that are worth having will bring the report down below 140dB which is considered the hearing safe threshold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                          Would a suppressor be worth it on a 7mm-08 youth bolt action with reduced recoil rounds? Been tossing around the idea but since its not subsonic thought it might not be worth it. The other part of me thinks it might be for some reduced muzzle flash ect with a youth behind the trigger. But for $1,000 he might just need to cowboy up…
                          This is why the stupid comment I quoted above needs to not be said.

A quality…let me repeat that part. A QUALITY suppressor makes a world of difference. It has really helped my daughter. She hates loud stuff. Sensitive hearing I guess. Shoots her 6 mm creed with my Dead Air Nomad just fine. Completely hearing safe. Most guns will be hearing safe with a quality suppressor.

Comment

Car mufflers are dumb cause you can still hear the car, might as well just run straight pipes like my gran pappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Anon View Post
                              Car mufflers are dumb cause you can still hear the car, might as well just run straight pipes like my gran pappy.
                              I’m in. 7.3 turbo diesel went away because of California noise regulation

Comment

Originally posted by Anon View Post
                                Same with shocks. You can still feel the bumps. What's the point?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X