No announcement yet.

Pretty disappointed......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s pathetic. 45 years of dedicated service deserves better recognition than that piece of generic acrylic.

Comment

We can choose who we work for? Certainly It didn’t take you 45 years to realize their culture is trash.

Comment

Congrats on the anniversary!

In the corporate world, if you are not an exec you are just a number. I left that world and will never return.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
          Congrats on the anniversary!

In the corporate world, if you are not an exec you are just a number. I left that world and will never return.
          Word!!!

Comment

You basically work for the government but with worse benefits

Comment

Randy I really don’t think I’ve ever known anybody with 45 years of service with one company. I apologize if I’m getting personal but how much vacation, sick days, family leave do you get? Also are there yearly bonuses?

Comment

my friends company gives you a rolex at 25 years (PSI)

Comment

That's a shame.

Comment

Unfortunately the mindset of the large company today is you are more of a liability than an asset
                    The recognition & appreciation is lacking now days hence the reason most companies don’t offer retirement pensions any more
                    However, anyone dedicating 45 years to one company should be highly recognized & that is quite impressive
                    Don’t be shocked if they kick you in the rump on your way out on retirement day

Comment

Sorry SOBs you work for Sir.

Psalms 118:8

“It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.”

Comment

Not much respect anymore....terrible

Comment

Irritating, but not uncommon nowadays.

With Dynegy we got a soap stone with their name on it- we were like wth am I supposed to do with this?

With Naes we were given a lapel pin- who in the world is wearing lapel pins and if they were would wear one with NAES on it?

Whoever is buying this junk needs a swift kick in the taint.

A gift card to any name brand restaurant with a simple "thanks for your service" letter would go so much further than cheesy lower than made in china crap they pawn off on us.

Comment

I feel your pain. When I got my 15 year recognition, they used my middle name as my first ( I have never gone by my middle name), misspelled my last name, and gave it to me after 18 years! This was done in front of my coworkers. I walked up, took the plaque for the photo, and handed it back, stating, "I can't accept this.". The person that handed it to me and said "Sure you can, you earned it!" I replied "No, I can't; that's not my first name and my last name isn't spelled correctly." I was told it would be corrected. I am now 26 years in with no corrected replacement. The good news,.....I could give a flyin' funk about a 15 years of service plaque!

cricman

Comment

More important question is how have they managed to put up with you for 45 years

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                                That company has been headed downhill for a long time and dropped off the cliff with the takeover from united. Complete trash now, the entire management structure is full of self serving woke sissies. Another perfect example of "everything that goes woke turns to chit".
                                It's just got bad in the last couple of years.
                                Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                                They are saving up for your 50th. It going to be a big shindig.

45years at one company is a heck of an accomplishment.

Raytheon is the prime on our NASA contract. I have a some Raytheon swag I can sent you if it would make you feel better.
                                Ain't gonna be a 50.
                                Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                                Their purchasing department is a joke. I can't get them to buy a simple bolt.
                                They would rather us make a bolt for $200 that they can buy for $1.
                                Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                                We can choose who we work for? Certainly It didn’t take you 45 years to realize their culture is trash.
                                Like above, its only been bad the last couple of years.
                                Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                                Randy I really don’t think I’ve ever known anybody with 45 years of service with one company. I apologize if I’m getting personal but how much vacation, sick days, family leave do you get? Also are there yearly bonuses?
                                5 weeks PTO and COL raises.

I'm just hanging on and plan to be out of there in 2 more years. It used to be a great place to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X