Ranches hiring high school kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranches hiring high school kids?

Looking for some openings for a couple kids. My son and a friend are wanting to go work on a ranch this summer. They will be going into their senior year of high school and both want to do it when they graduate. They also have some football showcases this summer so need a few days off. If you know any direction we should look let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exactly what you’re looking for, but might can point you in the right direction.
    Last edited by Gerald G; 04-16-2022, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I may need someone in the Paige area , hunting and breeding ranch. The only thing is I can not provide housing. We have several employees that live on site so the available houses are spoken for.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
        https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=836080

Not exactly what you’re looking for, but might can point you in the right direction.

That’s the one he saw and was trying to see if they could get a camper or something to go, but they won’t have the money to make it work

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
          I may need someone in the Paige area , hunting and breeding ranch. The only thing is I can not provide housing. We have several employees that live on site so the available houses are spoken for.

Thanks for bringing up housing because they or he would need that. We are in Nevada tx

Comment

Wfscjobs.tamu.edu

Lots of ranch jobs here.

Comment

Wish they where closer looking for a ranchand and general work around our place done.

Cant find any HS kids in my area that want to work.

Comment

How far are they willingly to travel? Do they know how to operate equipment? Tractor, skid steer, dozer etc. ? What months/dates are they wanting to work roughly?

Comment

Originally posted by Alemana View Post
                  How far are they willingly to travel? Do they know how to operate equipment? Tractor, skid steer, dozer etc. ? What months/dates are they wanting to work roughly?

Sorry for the delay, Hayden was at his moms yesterday and haven’t seen him yet today. I know he knows how to use a tractor but the others I don’t believe so. He works some land around here. I will need to speak with him about how far they are wanting to go. I didn’t really think about this but they are wanting to work on a cattle ranch.

Comment

There's the Bonds Ranch in Saginaw, owned by Pete Bonds and his daughter Missy. Just call them and ask if they are hiring summer help.

Tongue River Ranch in Paducha (but that might be a little too far for him and you.) But if it is not, there is the Waggoner and The 6666 out that way, too.

Closer to east Texas - the Birdwell and Clark Ranch in Henrietta. There was a big article in the Western Horseman February issue about them. They do hire summer help.

Comment

If interested in living in south texas for a couple months, I would love to get them in touch with our ranch manager.

Comment

Southwest hay exchange in Boyd is looking for some help. They posted to FB the other day. Talk to Brent Wilson

Comment

Working...
                        X