Hog Panel Prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Panel Prices?

What are you using to enclose your feeders? I just checked and hog panels are going for $30 each. They were around $16 each 4 years ago. Any suggestions for a more affordable way to build the feeder pen?

I use to always pay around $22 for hog panels and $20 for cattle panel about 5 years ago. I have cut cattle panel in half and it makes it about 27" tall and it keeps 99% of hogs from jumping it in East Texas with no cows but the small high can still get in which sucks. I would recommend checking fb marketplace or Craigslist for used hog panels.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
      What are you using to enclose your feeders? I just checked and hog panels are going for $30 each. They were around $16 each 4 years ago. Any suggestions for a more affordable way to build the feeder pen?

I'd just bite the bullet and go with the hog panels.

Comment

My first attempt at building a pen with other materials was somewhat of a failure at least against cows. It did come out cheaper for the size of pen I built though. I’m pretty sure it will work I just need to make some slight modifications. I used field fence.

Comment

Keep looking I just got a super sweet deal on cattle panels here on TBH just took some leg work but saved about 400$

Comment

37 inch field fence and you can build several with a roll. Barbed wire at the bottom to deter hogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There was some in the classifieds for around $15 each

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                37 inch field fence and you can build several with a roll. Barbed wire at the bottom to deter hogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I did this and it was a lot more work but not a single hog in 3 years has even tried to dig under and for the size of the pen I made it was unbelievably cheaper

Comment

Working...
                X