Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
    What size fingerlings did y’all put in?
    we put in the 2-3" fingerlings. We Stocked 1000 of them. Way less than the recommended amount but we our goal was trophy lake.

Comment

Looks great Jeff. I live on a 2.5 acre subdivision lake that hasn't really been managed much at all. But just to show you what a pond that size can do....I caught an 11.2 LMB several years ago in it. And that was in Sept...March she would have been close to 13lbs.

Something to think about as well would be some golden shiner fry from Anderson Minnows in AR. I put some in my grow pond for my Camelot Bell bass fingerlings and had phenomenal growth in the first few weeks. They ship them to your door until early May.

250,000 Golden Shiner Fry or one box is recommended per acre, which can vary depending on certain circumstances. Stocking your pond with fry helps the pond achieve primary goals. Survival rates for stocked fry are remarkably high.The fry are still feeding on their yolk sacs when they come out of the hatchery and when released into a pond they feed on the zooplankton and rotifers available inside that body of water. In most fish ponds, gamefish are stocked heavily so that people can catch them easily, which means that sometimes the stocked fish will feed upon their own fry, if no other forage is available.With our program, your fish can eat off the small shiner fry. The fry not eaten will grow and become excellent forage for the larger gamefish. Stocking fry makes a remarkable difference in the overall size and health of your gamefish.How it works:The golden shiner fry are brought into the hatchery as eggs harvested from our ponds. Once hatched they are placed into a specialized bag and filled with oxygen. The bag is then placed into a heavy cardboard box with an insulated liner.Our hatchery is only open April and May, meaning fry quantities are limited. Pre-orders begin in January to ensure your order. Fry are shipped as soon as they become available.

Good luck!

Comment

Someone posted on here about “the Modern Management Podcast” their first episode is pond management and is pretty solid. I’d recommend.

Comment

We have 1.5 acre pond at our place in Tilden that was stocked with "super cats". My dad went to ranch on Monday and the water level was down, not significantly, maybe a 1-1.5' low and found 154 dead catfish. Anyone have any thoughts?

Comment

Did the pond 'turn over'?

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
              We have 1.5 acre pond at our place in Tilden that was stocked with "super cats". My dad went to ranch on Monday and the water level was down, not significantly, maybe a 1-1.5' low and found 154 dead catfish. Anyone have any thoughts?
              Could be algae bloom. Had that happen a couple years ago. It depletes the oxygen. I used a trash pump to aerate until I could control the algae.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                Could be algae bloom. Had that happen a couple years ago. It depletes the oxygen. I used a trash pump to aerate until I could control the algae.
                This would be my bet

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                  Send me a picture. 817789one05one

Comment

I had something similar happen to my pond some years ago - catfish and bass were all dead - the water had turned over and there was no oxygen for the fish -only way I know to prevent it is an aerator

Comment

We had a few alligator weed and water primrose shorline treatments this past week.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                        We had a few alligator weed and water primrose shorline treatments this past week.
                        What are you spraying?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          What are you spraying?
                          ProcellaCor

Comment

24 hours after application. Significant wilt, plant stems are starting to shatter.
                            Attached Files

Comment

As the drought goes on the salt levels can possibly rise and kill your bass. Maybe hold off on spending big money until its over with if your just starting out. A “big bass” growing operation is moving into the neighborhood after significant losses at the original pond due to salt & drought.

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                                ProcellaCor
                                Do you have to have an applicator license's?

Comment

Working...
                                X