Kayaking the Brazos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kayaking the Brazos?

Wife and I are looking to get away this weekend. Was considering staying around PK and kayaking around the Brazos.

Anyone done this? Tips?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i know a spot south of lake whitney that you will pull in bass 5-8# till your worn out

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
      i know a spot south of lake whitney that you will pull in bass 5-8# till your worn out
      Naturally, the wife knows I'll have to bring a rod and reel.. jus sayin'.

Send it via pm

Comment

My son and I did a 12 mile float trip with kayak’s a few years ago. Camped on a sandbar overnight. We parked two trucks, one on the Putin bridge and the other on the takeout bridge. The water fluctuates in the brazos, make sure the water is deep enough to float. You can check levels on Brazos river authority website. Enjoy

Comment

There was a time when I had considered starting a part-time business doing this. For the fellers, it would have been Brazos River Outfitters, or "BRO". For a women's specific outdoor service, it would have been Brazos River Adventures, or "BRA".

How far you wanna go on the river?

Comment

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
            My son and I did a 12 mile float trip with kayak’s a few years ago. Camped on a sandbar overnight. We parked two trucks, one on the Putin bridge and the other on the takeout bridge. The water fluctuates in the brazos, make sure the water is deep enough to float. You can check levels on Brazos river authority website. Enjoy
            May look at doing this.
            Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            There was a time when I had considered starting a part-time business doing this. For the fellers, it would have been Brazos River Outfitters, or "BRO". For a women's specific outdoor service, it would have been Brazos River Adventures, or "BRA".

How far you wanna go on the river?
            Honestly, no idea. I've never been to Brazos or PK, period. We know nothing about it.

Comment

Water is pretty low for much of a trip below the dam at PK right now. Now if you just want to paddle around for a few hours it will be ok, you should be able to catch some trout down there still.

Comment

I've floated the brazos and the Colorado.

The brazos ain't even close to the Colorado. Check texas kayak trail via tpwd. Plus the Colorado has Guadalupe bass around LA grange

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Floated from PK lake down 20 miles to Rochelle’s a lot. Usually take 2
                  1/2 to 3 days, fish slow, camping is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    I've floated the brazos and the Colorado.

The brazos ain't even close to the Colorado. Check texas kayak trail via tpwd. Plus the Colorado has Guadalupe bass around LA grange

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

We kayaked the colorado river 2 years ago and it was amazing. We put in at little webberville park, camped overnight on an island around Hyatt lost pines, and picked up at the FM 969 bridge. There’s a service out of webberville that will shuttle you if needed. It was a little rushed for an overnight trip but would be perfect for a 2 night trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by topher View Post
                      Floated from PK lake down 20 miles to Rochelle’s a lot. Usually take 2
                      1/2 to 3 days, fish slow, camping is good.
                      X2, put in on a Friday afternoon, float and fish the Brazos until Sunday afternoon, great times!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                        X2, put in on a Friday afternoon, float and fish the Brazos until Sunday afternoon, great times!
                        This is fun we do it every year we will start our trip on 4-1

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod View Post
                          This is fun we do it every year we will start our trip on 4-1
                          You'll be fishing used water! I'm going on the 31st. Lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Put in @ low water bridge below PK dam.
                            Stay night a little past halfway to Rochelle’s on Turtle island.
                            Don’t put tent close to water, water can rise overnight.
                            Lots of Deer,Aoudads,Hogs, and a skunk ape to boot.
                            Lot of fun, great fishing too.
                            Haven’t gone in about 5-6 yrs but been thinking about it again.
                            There’s a guy on Facebook named Shane Davies River Run guide service.
                            Watch his page, you’ll know when the fish are biting good.

Comment

Just did 20 miles last weekend. If flow is over 100cfs you won’t drag much on the stretch from the dam to hwy 4. We stepped out maybe 3 times. Canoe will be little worse

Comment

Working...
                              X