No announcement yet.

Best Offshore Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check with our very own Hog Smacker here. He is an offshore fishing machine out of Port A. He will put you on whatever you want. You want to home with coolers of fish, he's got you. You want to go after big stuff like swordfish, he's got you. He's a no bs kind of guy when setting expectations and loads of fun on the water. Ive been fishing offshore along the Texas coast with guides most of my adult life. He is the best Ive fished with.
    Pm me if you want his phone number.

Comment

While Venice can be great….I’d stay away from it. It’s too hit or miss. Book a solid boat outta TX and catch snapper,ling,AJ…..with the possibility of some BF tuna.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
        This, Venice is your answer. We fish with Voodoo. I don’t even consider Texas now when going offshore.
        X3 & X4 out of Venice

Mexican Gulf Fishing Co have bad *** boats that get you to fishing grounds and back. We were back to dock by 3pm and left at 6:30am

Pics of recent catch

My second option for offshore would be the Outer Banks of NC. Just love that area but gulf stream is further out to fishing waters.

Comment

Phillip/Panhandlerhunter is also spot in

Comment

Hard to beat Venice. Take him bow fishing for redfish too; ranks very high on the coolest things I've ever done. Full coolers and memories made.

Comment

Billbusters Sportfishing out of Port A. Always a good time. Party boats from Dolphin Docks work too. Do both.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fly to Costa Rica. Catch sails, dorado and yellowfin until you are too worn out to fight another fish. Maybe catch a marlin if you are lucky. Stop on your way in and catch some snapper or a grouper for dinner.

Go in the winter, I usually go in Feb but have had great luck in Dec too. VRBO a nice house with a pool. You can fish for 2-3 days for what 1 day in Venice costs. And you are in beautiful Costa Rica and not South Louisiana.

Yeah, I know you have to pay for airfare but the rentals are pretty comparable in price to rentals in the US and you have to eat wherever you go and the cost of meals is comparable to the US. It's really not that much more but it is one heck of a fun trip. I have thought about going to Venice but then I think dang, why not just go back to Costa Rica?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                  Fly to Costa Rica. Catch sails, dorado and yellowfin until you are too worn out to fight another fish. Maybe catch a marlin if you are lucky. Stop on your way in and catch some snapper or a grouper for dinner.

Go in the winter, I usually go in Feb but have had great luck in Dec too. VRBO a nice house with a pool. You can fish for 2-3 days for what 1 day in Venice costs. And you are in beautiful Costa Rica and not South Louisiana.

Yeah, I know you have to pay for airfare but the rentals are pretty comparable in price to rentals in the US and you have to eat wherever you go and the cost of meals is comparable to the US. It's really not that much more but it is one heck of a fun trip. I have thought about going to Venice but then I think dang, why not just go back to Costa Rica?
                  I need to know your charter out of CR!? We’ve paid close to the same and in some cases more. I don’t disagree that CR is easily some of the best fishing in the world, but the prices are not half of Venice. Not even close. Seriously though; if you have the hookup, I tip well!

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                    I need to know your charter out of CR!? We’ve paid close to the same and in some cases more. I don’t disagree that CR is easily some of the best fishing in the world, but the prices are not half of Venice. Not even close. Seriously though; if you have the hookup, I tip well!
                    $850 a day last time I was down there plus tips.

Edit- Looks like they are $950 a day now. http://www.queposfishadventure.com/

I'm just going by what they posted above that Venice is $2500/day. Do the math.
                    Last edited by Capt Glenn; 03-16-2022, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Costa Rica is heaven on earth for me. I’ve already been twice this year and will be going back later this month and again in April. Additionally, you can get from Houston to Jaco, Costa Rica faster than you can get from Houston to Venice, LA.

Comment

The thing about Venice, if you put together a group, the price isn’t that bad. I think last trip down there I was about $1500 total, for two days offshore and a night of bowfishing, meals and lodging. We fished with Eddie Burger.

Comment

Johnny Walker for sure

Friends, family or corporate group fishing trips? Great place to spend the day team building with Walker Sport Fishing in Galveston, TX. Great Boat, great captain, great time, click now!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post

How do you get fish home from Costa Rica?

I want to put fish in the freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                              I asked about this last year but don’t know how to go find old posts.

I want to take my son on an offshore trip to hook some big fish. I’d prefer tuna but as long as he’s hooking fish I don’t care. Would like them them to be edible.

We’ve been to the coast several times with guides and never catch anything. We don’t get seasick. I want to spend a little money and come home with coolers full of fish and a 15yr boy with jello arms.

Who do I call?

Is this the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                                How do you get fish home from Costa Rica?

I want to put fish in the freezer.

We bring tuna home on the plane. They bleed it, filet it and ice it down on the boat. I take it back to the house and skin it, cut the blood line out and package the meat in gallon bags and freeze it. Then the morning we leave pack it in Rtic soft coolers for the trip home. The airline charges you for overweight baggage by the pound for the coolers. When you get home it will still be 90%+ frozen. I think we usually fit 40-50# of tuna in each soft cooler and that is pure meat. We usually carry 1 soft cooler per person to bring fish home in.

I don't like mahi enough to try to transport it and I don't care to bottom fish enough to catch more snapper and grouper than I need for dinners while we are there. I go to catch billfish and tuna.

Comment

Working...
                                X