Fleet GPS Trackers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fleet GPS Trackers?

Have a small fleet of service vehicles and would like to install gps trackers in them. Any experience or recommendations? Thanks,

Our company uses Geotab, but we have over 1000 in our fleet nation wide. I am responsible for approx 50 service trucks and I can see where they are, where they have been, how fast they drive getting there, how long they have been idling etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Strictly Mobile Electronics out of Manvel, Tx is a guy from my church that has a business doing this. He comes highly recommended and is suppose to be very good.

Comment

I have about 350 units all over central & west Texas & use Skylab.

Comment

acbob pm sent

Comment

Our company uses them, but I don’t really know how effective they are. Ours allow us to go up to 10mph over the speed limit before they send our company an alert. The only real issue I have is that speed limits change a lot with new construction, so there are times when I don’t even know what the real speed limit is. For example, going through Fort Worth my phone’s gps says the speed limit is 50, but the posted signs say 65. I have no idea if my gps is telling my company if I’m speeding or not. Our company also just changed to a new gps system. The old one plugged in under the dash, and they seemed to get “accidentally” unplugged a lot. The new ones are wired in directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdub25 View Post
              Our company uses Geotab, but we have over 1000 in our fleet nation wide. I am responsible for approx 50 service trucks and I can see where they are, where they have been, how fast they drive getting there, how long they have been idling etc.

We are also using Geo tab on our yellow rental trucks. Must be pretty good or they wouldn’t have them on over 150,000 units,.

Comment

We use Verizon Connect/Fleetmatics in our vehicles. Added forward facing cameras this year and we are very pleased with them.
                The GPS and camera notify us on hard braking, acceleration, jarring, tailgating, speeding, stop signs, and other factors.

Comment

We use Quartix on our fleet , you can structure the alerts in many different ways - speed - business hours -Ignition on- idol time - weekend use - and much more , tell them Gordon from JCW construction sent you if you contact them

No. 1 vehicle tracking system for commercial fleets of all sizes. Track trucks and cars with over 600,000 units installed since 2001. FREE demo!

Comment

The company I work for, Netradyne, provides video based safety solutions (think dash cam) which also includes GPS.
                    If you would like to talk to one of my associates about it, let me know.
                    We help fleets of all sizes and classes of vehicles.
                    Elevate fleet safety with Driver•i AI Fleet Camera System. Reduce incidents, improve compliance, and optimize driving performance. Request demo.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the leads, all! I'll be following up post-holidays. Merry Christmas!

Comment

We use Trimble. Works pretty good for us. I don’t have experience with any other brands so I can’t say if it’s good or bad.

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by Bdub25 View Post

Yep. Same here. 40 or so i watch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X