Turkey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey?

if you could pick any public land in Texas to hunt turkey, Where would it be?
    just wondering.

Pat Mayse WMA in n.e.Texas. It's hard to draw a permit there though. Second choice White Oak Creek WMA. LBJ Grasslands? forget it,too crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzcut View Post
      Pat Mayse WMA in n.e.Texas. It's hard to draw a permit there though. Second choice White Oak Creek WMA. LBJ Grasslands? forget it,too crowded.
      If you find the units that are out in the middle of nowhere on LBJ its not bad. I hunt up there and still have not seen another hunter on the units I hunt.

Comment

TB,
        I've hunted turkeys for over a decade up at LBJ. The crowds are way out of hand compared to what they used to be. I'm sure there are still some pockets to try and get away from hunters, but I rarely go up there these days. It's ashame, since it's close and all(part of the problem). The problem is the hunters that are showing up are uneducated and disrespectful to fellow outdoorsmen. I know the GW's and rangers are trying, but they just can't keep up with the masses.

Comment

what units did you hunt?

Comment

I have hunted Sam Houston the entire season with no avail.... haven't heard anthing, and haven't even seen another hunter.

Comment

I have literally hunted or scouted every unit up there. Some are good, some are bad. Some are good during certain times of the season. I still go if I can sneak away during the week, but I don't miss the days of having to fight everyone opening weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X