No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the rules on Turkeys at Granger? Can you even hunt them and are there even any around during fall season? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
      What are the rules on Turkeys at Granger? Can you even hunt them and are there even any around during fall season? Thanks.
      I have never seen turkey at Granger.. Plus if they were any, it would be a Drawn Tag.

Comment

I see nothing for turkey allowed on any current information unless missing something. There are not many but some do exist. I have heard them. I walked several miles today pretending to dove hunt. Most of my pig spots had almost no sign? They found an air conditioned spot I suppose? No dove. I did see several dove driving. and Several younger deer hiking. and lots of cattle are back

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post

Not allowed.

Comment

Hogs suck up all the eggs. Saw a hen carcass on a nest once.
            Last edited by Wudstix; 09-03-2020, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Heard several a few turkeys along the river last spring while crappie fishing. Back in the mid to late 90's there were draw hunts for them out there and good success. In 92 when the WMA first allowed hog hunting I remember seeing lots of turkeys, but the numbers slowly dwindled, likely because of the hogs.

Comment

Anyone else feel like there are fewer hogs than in years past at Granger? I've put down a lot of boot leather in the last few weeks and seen almost no hog sign. More surprising to me, I haven't seen any sign of hogs getting after the leftover corn in the fields.

Comment

I talked to a corp Eng personal back in March and he told me back last year before archery season they had a ag-helicopter crew come in and took out 105 hogs. I've been scouting there for 7 months and only bumped into 1 hog around gate 7. They are a few left because I have seen fresh wallows but haven't been able get figure out what time they come out.

Comment

Yes, the old saying is true. No hogs at Granger!

Comment

This dry weather has probably effected reproduction. I may check out some of the more inaccessible spots. Perhaps complete my doctoral dissertation!!!

Comment

What day do they select the e postcard winners? I see all the info for the hunt accept maybe overlooking the day they make the drawing? For some reason I thought I saw sept 15 somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                          What day do they select the e postcard winners? I see all the info for the hunt accept maybe overlooking the day they make the drawing? For some reason I thought I saw sept 15 somewhere?

It already happened.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                            It already happened.
                            Oh well. I would have assumed as you say the drawing is done, we would have been sent a yes or a no? I never got anything. Lake Georgetown promptly notified me I lost out. Thanks for commenting. Wonder how many entered?

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                              Oh well. I would have assumed as you say the drawing is done, we would have been sent a yes or a no? I never got anything. Lake Georgetown promptly notified me I lost out. Thanks for commenting. Wonder how many entered?

TPWD does not send out “Not Selected” emails. You can check your status here:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                                TPWD does not send out “Not Selected” emails. You can check your status here:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                being new to public hunts I am constant learning. Miss the days of owning my own dirt and managing large dirt. Oh well. Still have fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X