No announcement yet.

Unique 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingwood? Graduated HS in 03 when it was just 1 highschool. It’s a cool trait for sure, muley or ancestry which isn’t seen often.

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
    Here is the link I posted earlier, again. Probably nothing to do with being part muley, other than they have common ancestry.

https://www.qdma.com/this-strange-bu...ail-ancestors/

Comment

Here is the link I posted earlier, again. Probably nothing to do with being part muley, other than they have common ancestry.

https://www.qdma.com/this-strange-bu...ail-ancestors/
      google West Texas Muley / whitetail hybrids and observe the pictures. Several traits or only one come out. There are whitetail horns & body with only mule deer ears or whitetails with classic mule deer horns

Comment

Great Buck

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
          google West Texas Muley / whitetail hybrids and observe the pictures. Several traits or only one come out. There are whitetail horns & body with only mule deer ears or whitetails with classic mule deer horns
          Oh yeah, I realize they can and do hybridize. The dark forehead stripes specifically reminded me of the deer in that article and their explanation of the the re-emergence of latent genes. And the deer in the article was nowhere near a muley population. Also, since whitetail and muley share the common ancestor from which both of their traits are derived, I'm still technically right.
          Last edited by sweldo73; 10-31-2019, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
            Kingwood? Graduated HS in 03 when it was just 1 highschool. It’s a cool trait for sure, muley or ancestry which isn’t seen often.
            Moved here at the end of '06, but didn't go to school here.

Comment

kind of cool looking

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                Mitchell county, south of Colorado city.
                We aren't too far south of you and have seen some distinct coat coloring that is more mule deer. Even had a young buck that had floppy muley ears. Forked G2's are the most common non-typical trait we have.
                Last edited by El General; 10-31-2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Nice

Comment

This is my daughters deer from last season. Has the same dark face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd1212 View Post
                      This is my daughters deer from last season. Has the same dark face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Very cool-looking! Jack County?

Comment

Very cool-looking! Jack County?
                        Yes sir. Her first buck

Comment

Very cool, we used to kill bucks in Blanco with that same eyebrow type marking.

Comment

Working...
                          X