No announcement yet.

Brahman Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That deer is way old and has been shot before IMO. I would do my best to take him SOON.

Comment

I had a buck last year that looked like he had a softball under his hide early in the season. Saw him later in the year and it had dissipated. I think it was an infection, maybe from a bow shot or a bug bite? Curious if the Brahman hump goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
        Methuselah
        ^^^^^^^^

Comment

Correction....Methuselah.5

Comment

I would shoot him for sure ..... he's old.

Comment

That buck is ancient

Comment

That guy saw the dinosaurs.

Comment

I had one too!
                  Attached Files

Comment

These are most likely not due to age, but more likely a winged scapula. This condition can be caused by nerve damage that may have resulted from a shot fired through the animal at an oblique angle that skimmed along the edge of the rib cage without fully penetrating the chest (think of a hard quartered away shot that enters behind the shoulder and exits out the front above the brisket). This damages the nerves that control the muscles that hold the shoulder tight to the body, so those muscles weaken and atrophy after the trauma. When they put weight on the leg, the whole thing slides upward along the side of the body and sticks up like you see in these pics. Since they are no longer able to hold their weight on the front end as efficiently, the spine may also begin to sag.

Comment

Working...
                    X