Feed Sack Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feed Sack Rant

I Know that No TBH’rs would Ever do this but I have been seeing and picking up a whole lot of feed sacks ( Corn and a little bit of livestock) cluttering the road sides and close proximity pastures. Last Sunday I went to church at 7:00 am ,had breakfast in town and returned home (15 miles) at noon and counted 37 feed sacks ( different brands) along county rd 530 that were not there earlier that morning. This is getting worse every year and this looks horrible on the Hunters and some ranchers. All it takes is a few minutes to firmly secure these so this will not continue. This is a continuous problem that seems to be coming from weekend warriors. Please get with your hunting podnuhs and make sure they are responsible in all clean up before leaving to return home on the weekends or Whenever. This looks bad on all of us and we certainly don’t need this kind of attention. Like I said, I Know that NO Green screeners could possibly be involved in this

Rant over for now
    Last edited by Bucknaked; 10-19-2021, 09:37 AM. Reason: Content

Agreed. My feed sacks go in my back seat. I take them home to use as garbage bags.
    I see more bovine and equine feed sacks on the road than corn.

Comment

I see a lot too along our road frontage. Once or twice they were mine without realizing it until later.

Comment

OP nailed it. Secure your corn bags. It's especially bad near SHNF.

Comment

Takes dang near no effort to make sure they dont fly out AND! they make good trash bags around camp

Comment

I have noticed I’ve the last few years this seems to be getting worse up and down 87 too

Comment

I don't know how many i have stopped and picked up on the side of the road. Some people just don't care any more I guess

Comment

Yep and it's not just feed sacks. I see trucks on the highway all the time with loose trash flying out of the back of their trucks. People just don't care or are lazy slobs.

Comment

Thats nothing compared to the horse rescue ranch about a mile from my house

Comment

Get on that county road going to Dallardsville from 146 they are everywhere.

Comment

I have about a 1/2 mile of FM road frontage and pick up about 6-8 feed sacks every Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                        Agreed. My feed sacks go in my back seat. I take them home to use as garbage bags.
                        I see more bovine and equine feed sacks on the road than corn.
                        Same here on the garbage bag use, in shed and patio in 5 gallon buckets.
                        Not in the cab on way home, in toolbox or tote.

No matter what bags they are- we have prisons full of peeps who aught to be out there picking it up.

I don't agree it should be on the roadside and trashy people irritate me to no end, but since litter does exist- let's get our chain gang back on the roadside for some fresh air and clean-up.

is that still a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by D-BULL View Post
                          I have about a 1/2 mile of FM road frontage and pick up about 6-8 feed sacks every Sunday.
                          I think that we are semi close to houston so that may be why we get so many! Myself and my Grandchildren drive our utv’s along a 4 mile stretch of county road 16 out of Hallettsville and pick up trash- they like to give back! At the end of last years season we picked up 290 beer bottles ( not including cans ) in this small stretch in 1 day and we had just done this at the end of thanksgiving holiday week with close to the same numbers! We have a Lot of lease land out here. We’ve started pulling my 10’ trailer for all of the trash … sad

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                            I think that we are semi close to houston so that may be why we get so many! Myself and my Grandchildren drive our utv’s along a 4 mile stretch of county road 16 out of Hallettsville and pick up trash- they like to give back! At the end of last years season we picked up 290 beer bottles ( not including cans ) in this small stretch in 1 day and we had just done this at the end of thanksgiving holiday week with close to the same numbers! We have a Lot of lease land out here. We’ve started pulling my 10’ trailer for all of the trash … sad
                            Yeah most of my traffic is hunters and ranchers.There is a road sign towards the end of my road frontage and beer bottles are stacked on my side of the fence from the ones that cant throw.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                              As much as I hate to blame the big city mentality, on our road it is not.

CR 255 S in sheridan (any guess what plant is on our road?)

Absolutely ridiculous how many people throw trash out in maintained ditches. We mow our ditched for a majority of our property and its a constant stop to pick up trash..

Besides trash, speeding on our road drives me up the wall!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X