Wyoming pronghorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyoming pronghorn

Taking off in the morning for a couple of days to fill our pronghorn tags.
    We hunt over by Saratoga, have a little private access but it's not really needed.
    We each have a buck and doe tag to fill, bucks take precedent and we may eat the doe tags depending on how numbers look.
    Sage grouse season is over so we won't take the shotguns.

We should find something in 2 days but we'll see, season goes into Nov. when they herd up for winter.

Here's some bucks from past years. Not known as a trophy area but the spouse did take a 15+ incher a few years back.
    Attached Files

Good luck! I just watched a new episode of MeatEater last night and they were in Wyoming chasing speed goats. That is on my list of things to do. Shoot straight.

Comment

Thanks !
      Thankfully wind should not be an issue this weekend.

Comment

great pics

Comment

My favorite animal to bowhunt ! Good luck !

Comment

One day I will get the chance to chase a speed goat!

Nice animals, hope y'all have just as much luck this year!

Comment

Nice - we did the public land antelope thing in Wyoming last year, had a great time

Comment

Best of luck out there!!

Comment

good luck

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Last year was a first for us over in that area, we did not take a buck. Numbers were down and the only bucks we saw were youngsters so we filled our 2 doe tags.
                        Numbers are better this year, actually, but tags were reduced so we have hopes of finding some good ones.
                        We hunt for good horns on the doe too. Makes it a more challenging hunt.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Good luck. We head that way in 7 days.

Comment

And we're back.

Pretty successful trip. No huge bucks but I found mature one. he only goes 13 1/2 but has some really good wear on the teeth, looks to be 6+ years to us.

I started the day off with a nice doe from the hay meadows we can hunt. Crawled within 75 yds thanks to the willow line along a ditch and took he with one shot. The rest of the herd just moved farther down the meadows.
                            Spotted a nice buck from the county road and made the drive around town to hit the other side of our area where he was.
                            Couldn't find him where we could hunt so the spouse did some "fancy shooting" on a smaller doe.
                            After his shot a decent buck stood up and I took him.
                            Quartered up the doe and put her tenders in a bag for quarantine so they wouldn't contaminate the other meat.
                            Quartered my buck and loaded the cooler.

Spouse made the decision to not take a buck unless we found a good one, the cooler was pretty full already.
                            Came home this morning without 2 bucks but we're happy.

Spouse found half a nice point right next to here my buck died.

Saw some nice mule deer and a great whitetail buck on a state section, LQ area though.

The drive home across the Snowy Range is always pretty and leaves are turning and falling right now.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to mention my buck had an injured eye from the rut. Looked like he could not see out of it.

Snowy Range pics.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X