Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any new phones like the Galaxy Active series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any new phones like the Galaxy Active series?

Looks like the XCover series is a bust. I'm still on an S8 Active but the time is coming...

My time is getting close as well. I don't need fancy, I need tough.

Comment

What is it that you liked about the S8 active?

Comment

I've got a S10e now, but came from a S6 Active and that was the best phone I've ever had. The S6 Active had better cell reception and was literally waterproof. I took it snorkeling in Belize, Honduras, The Frio River and used video / still pics underwater everywhere. Simply rinsed it off with fresh water afterward and never a single problem. This s10e camera lenses had moisture intrusion after a 5 second dunk in 5" of water (I know it's a "phone", but coming from my S6 Active and being told by the att salesman that this phone would be just as waterproof as my s6 Active, I was/am disappointed)

I wish Samsung would make the Active series again.

Comment

I feel your pain. I've still on my S8 active from 2017. I can't tell you how many times this phone has been dropped, kicked, dumped, everything else. Without a case.

Everything else looks fragile in comparison.

Comment

Tagging. I'm getting text from cricket that my s6 will longer work in 2022. Something about 3g network.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I went from the S4 Active to the S20 in Aug 2020. It's been a great ride so far. 25 watt charge is super fast. And battery life has been much better. Only thing I miss is the ear bud jack. But with Bluetooth, who needs that?

Been worth every penny I've spent on it so far.

Edit: And I have Cricket also. Bought phone separate. And installed Sims card.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-14-2021, 05:28 AM.

Comment

I wish there was. I used the Active series for over a decade and loved them.

Comment

This isn't sounding promising.

Comment

I had an S6 active for years and loved it, but it became so slow and the battery would drain in a half day. I was worried when I switched to an S9+, but have had it a few years and it has been great. I believe the front lens are all the tougher glass these days and they are all considered the same type of waterproof I believe.

The S9 was thinner and therefore a basic protective case didn't make it any thicker than the actives. I am one of the people that is very rough on phones, heavy equipment, shop work, ranching, working on vehicles in a gravel driveway, etc. I broke the camera lens once, but it was $10 to repair. The back under the protective cover has a crack in it, but not shattered, but I would only see that if I remove the case. It has withstood going underwater and being drenched from sitting in my pocket while working in hot summer.

Comment

Samsung Z Flip.Had mine a year now.I'll keep buying them til they stop making them!

Comment

In for more results. I am still using my S8 Active and love it. I am very rough on mine as well and the thought of upgrading has me worried.

Comment

Google Pixel 4a. I've dropped mine, kicked it, it's been out west with me, my son has chewed on it (He was 1 at the time), dropped in water, just about anything you can think of. It's pretty unbeatable. And the camera is unbelievable, puts any other phone camera to shame. Professional photo-quality images.

That said, I would look at the Pixel 5a. Great price point, 5g, you should be covered for another 7 years with the 5a. And with the new 6's coming out, you should be able to find one for a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                            Looks like the XCover series is a bust. I'm still on an S8 Active but the time is coming...
                            Well, I have UlefoneX5. Supposed to be good for 15 or so meters UW.
                            Has underwater camera. Tough rubberized case which has survived several short falls.
                            Gorilla glass. Came with some good apps.

But, I can not suggest/promote it. It's the most aggravating thing I've ever owned.
                            One day it'll drain the battery in6 hours.
                            Next charge it might go 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              Google Pixel 4a. I've dropped mine, kicked it, it's been out west with me, my son has chewed on it (He was 1 at the time), dropped in water, just about anything you can think of. It's pretty unbeatable. And the camera is unbelievable, puts any other phone camera to shame. Professional photo-quality images.

That said, I would look at the Pixel 5a. Great price point, 5g, you should be covered for another 7 years with the 5a. And with the new 6's coming out, you should be able to find one for a deal.
                              I do like the no bloatware type phones without a bunch of junk on them. 5a isn't available at att.com though and seems like it's less waterproof than the 5, hmmmm. Looks like I can get an unlocked international 5a on Amazon for $629. The 5a has a much better battery than the 5, but it doesn't support wireless charging like the 5.

Comment

Working...
                              X