Alligator Surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alligator Surprise

Thought y’all would get a kick out of this…

My boss owns a place in Angleton and has had several animals killed by dogs behind his HF the last few weeks. Been setting traps and removing a few here and there. The recent rain has flooded all the digs but brought a surprise visitor yesterday. Thought it was a log that had washed up. I figured a new pair of boots was on the way but lived to see tomorrow. The old man threw him a dead coon he happened to have in the SxS and went on his way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMAOOOOOO...............my parents get them in there yard from time to time back home.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      LMAOOOOOO...............my parents get them in there yard from time to time back home.
      I bet so. I spent few years at LSU and ran into them every fishing trip. Just part of fishing the swamps/bayous.

We're a drilling contractor and run into them pretty often after these wet spells.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by BlackHogDown; 10-14-2021, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Used to live in Brazoria county and they would show up on my pond from time to time. Usually after a heavy rain. I would put trout and redfish carcasses on the bank and watch them eat and then realized that if I didn’t feed them they would soon move on and not eat everything in the pond. That’s cool to see though.

Comment

I've got one that hangs out with me while I fish. Anytime I'm on the pier, it will swim up and hang out by me like a dog.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
            I've got one that hangs out with me while I fish. Anytime I'm on the pier, it will swim up and hang out by me like a dog.
            he's just waiting for you to fall in!

Comment

We have some gators on our lease, couple are in a pond back in the woods

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                he's just waiting for you to fall in!
                Oh yea, I'm well aware!

Comment

At Gumbo Man! If you spend any time on Lake Livingston, especially the upper part (Trinity River), you'll see many a water lizard. My folks used to have a camp at Bell & Ford Marina and many residents had piers. If the water got up high enough, those gators would crawl up onto the piers and sun themselves.

Comment

Apparently someone has released alligators in our neighborhood hoa pond. I haven't seen them but they are fairly famous on the Next-door app. My understanding is they haven't been labeled a nuisance so we can't remove them...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                      At Gumbo Man! If you spend any time on Lake Livingston, especially the upper part (Trinity River), you'll see many a water lizard. My folks used to have a camp at Bell & Ford Marina and many residents had piers. If the water got up high enough, those gators would crawl up onto the piers and sun themselves.
                      I’ve had em up to 12 feet behind my boathouse around Penwah area.

Comment

See the Conibear trap at the bottom of fence. He probably ate what was in it.

Comment

Working...
                        X