No announcement yet.

Official 2021-2022 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing like a guy rolling by on a motorized bike 15 minutes after legal shooting time to kick off public land hunting. Good morning, gentlemen. Good luck.

Comment

Saw a fawn with spots. No shot!

Comment

Perfect weather and temps this morning. I stepped out a moment ago. Got to take care of a few things this morning. Family stuff.

Keep up the live reports!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

My dad just shot a doe a few hundred yards from me. 81 years old, and still getting it done out here. I had a doe and two yearlings hanging out at 30 yards a little while ago.
          Last edited by Massey; 10-02-2021, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Massey View Post
            My dad just shot a doe a few hundred yards from me. 81 years old, and still getting it done out here. I had a doe and two yearlings hanging out at 30 yards a little while ago.

Congrats to your dad!

Originally posted by Storm View Post
            Shot fired , doe didn't run just walked away , I'll give it an hour then I'll check.

Well, did you find her?

Comment

Just got back in town from working in iowa. I need to go corn tomorrow and hunt this week as I have the week off before going on the road again.

Comment

Mine was a swing and a miss TG I must be rusty.
                Justin the pigs are running all thru the areas we hunt but the deer are moving too!

Comment

Heck ide shoot a pig if it came out. I just need to out corn down. I've been gone two months

Comment

It's that majic morn-n hour! Anybody out?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      It's that majic morn-n hour! Anybody out?
                      At home drinking coffee and reading reports.

Weather looks like its gonna be great the next 3 days. If I can swing it, gonna go Wednesday.

Goodluck

Comment

The wife and I went yesterday and it was an awesome learning experience, and a positive considering we came back with our marriage intact [emoji23].

She had a staring contest with a doe for 30 minutes, but she forgot her glasses so she couldn’t see very well. When the second doe came in and turned broadside and she went to draw, she couldn’t pull her bow back. She got frustrated and tried to sky draw it, and the woods exploded. Deer we didn’t even realize were there went every direction [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

I’m super proud of her, and I didn’t even rub it in that she didn’t practice enough… okay well maybe I did a little bit.

I’m super proud of her for holding it together for so long! I hate staring contests like that!

Comment

Cool. I really like those intense moments when a deer knows something's wrong but hasn't figured it out yet. When even breathing needs to be controlled. Anything under 10 yards is an adrenaline rush.

Comment

Game warden was on the bosque side checking people this morning. I chatted with him for a bit before I put corn out. Was good seeing him out there. Got my corn down. Gonna get out there tomorrow or Tuesday for a hunt.

Comment

Corn has been out a full day and nothing has touched it. I dont have high hopes for the morning but I will be out there.

Comment

Crossbow walker stalker in the woods. Cut off sleeves and sunglasses walking around cocked locked and ready to gettem when they jump up I guess. Just did a zip zag in the thicket I was hunting till he walked up to the tree I was in. His reply sorry man and on to the next thicket he goes. Interesting method some choose.

Comment

Working...
                                X