X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on a public land buck!

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
      Seriously? I can’t imagine anyone hanging a deer in cooler with the guts still in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Or dragging it out with the extra weight.

In this scenario, gutting it makes sense. Lots of it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the buck.

Comment

But how about all these You Tube videos where the guy shoots late in the evening and can't find the deer He pulls out and finds it the next day. It may have been 10 to 12 hours. I think the meat is bad. Am I correct? I talking about early season weather.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
            But how about all these You Tube videos where the guy shoots late in the evening and can't find the deer He pulls out and finds it the next day. It may have been 10 to 12 hours. I think the meat is bad. Am I correct? I talking about early
            I shot a doe at Lake Amistad around 5pm on a hot November day. We found her around 11am the next day stiff as a board laying in the sun. That was one of the more tender deer we've had. Meat lasts a lot longer than people think. We haven't had coolers and ice for that long in the grand scheme. Our grandfathers would probably scoff at the meat we waste.
            Last edited by justletmein; 10-03-2021, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I know the climate is different. 80s during the day 30s at night but I've see people hang elk for 4 or 5 days in Colorado I'm sure the low humidity helps dry the outside of the meat. After Elk hunting a few times I don't get in as big of a rush as I use to.

Comment

Working...
              X