Have to visit Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
    Just know you cannot pump your own gas and there is no sales tax. It is a beautiful state, just get out of Portland ASAP.
    That should tell you a lot about those people.

Comment

Don’t leave valuables in your car in Portland. Was broken into twice when I used to travel there for business. They like to hit cars and jump the border to Washington afterwards.

Comment

When you come out of Portland International, run I-205 south. It would take you around to the southeast of Portland and bring up back to I-5. Take I-5 south to Salem, about 30 miles or so. You will miss the downtown traffic and BS. If it is from about 330 pm to 630 pm, expect heavy traffic during the week. we used to live 100 miles or so south of Portland. we were just out there in November.
        Last edited by dcbrown; 09-09-2020, 05:46 PM.

Comment

There are some stations you can pump your own gas. State forest lands all closed down for now with fires going on.

Comment

There are 35 fires going on from coast to cascade mts.

Comment

Oregon is a mess right now. Portland is seriously screwed up, much of the rest of the stae is on fire.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed Oregon when I visited. I didn’t care a lot for Portland, but it still had things around that I enjoyed.

Comment

Just make sure you wear a MAGA hat!!!

Comment

Ignore the people and enjoy God’s creation. Beautiful country up there.

Comment

I flew to Portland Tuesday and drove thru Salem on the way to Newport. Smoke was thick in areas but you should should be fine if you just monitor road closures.

Comment

Working...
                      X