Truck bed lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck bed lights?

I just put a bed cover on my Tacoma and want to add some bed lights. Any suggestions? For this small bed I think a 36” string on one side will be plenty. Battery powered or hard wired? What is involved in hooking them up to the electrical system?

Truck bed lights?

Jerp,

I went with some simple LED’s from Amazon and hard wired with an exterior switch. I’ll take some pictures tonight. Pretty simple. Less that $30 all in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Orileys has a kit with 6 LED square pads. Three down each side. You could wire into a switch mounted inside your bed just inside the tailgate. Or a switch that turns on the lights when you open tailgate.

Comment

I had some on my old truck after I put my bed cover on. Bought some LED strip lights on Amazon and wired them to the batter. Put a switch in the bed and it was good to go.

Comment

I put led strips under the bed rails and wired to a flush mounted switch.
          Attached Files

Comment

Truck bed lights?

I hard wired lights into my tool box and truck bed.

I’ve seen peeps do led rope lights or just led strips.

I put a push button switch in the stake pocket. the switch fit an existing hole that was in the bed.

I used liquid electrical tape, crimps splices that shrink with heat.

Comment

In to follow. After this house remodel is complete I need to address this myself. Was looking at a strip on each side hardwired in with a bed switch earlier in the year but honeydoos happened.

Comment

There is a factory light you can add in the newer Tacoma’s. The wiring is already in place. I saw it on the Tacoma forum.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                  There is a factory light you can add in the newer Tacoma’s. The wiring is already in place. I saw it on the Tacoma forum.

My son’s Tacoma has the factory bed lights. Nice feature.

Comment

Three lights under toolbox and two down the sides under each rail. I wired up with the switch on my toolbox. Really easy process and they come in very handy. Just a set off Amazon that had wiring harness and switch / fuse included.

Comment

Originally posted by ETX-Deerslayer View Post
                      Three lights under toolbox and two down the sides under each rail. I wired up with the switch on my toolbox. Really easy process and they come in very handy. Just a set off Amazon that had wiring harness and switch / fuse included.

do you have a link to them?

Comment

Blue water makes some good lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          do you have a link to them?

I’ll see if I can find it.

Comment

These are the ones I ordered…..