suppressors and adjustable gas blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suppressors and adjustable gas blocks

So Im new to the suppressor world. The 2 ARs I am running my suppressor on (RR .223 and Larue 6.5G) both run fine with suppressor on. The reason I am asking about it is ive been reading about tuning to lower the amount of blowback/fouling. Rounds in the mag and spent brass are filthy from both. Is that just the way it goes or does it make that big of a difference? Looking at the SLR sentry 7 for larue since that seems to be the only one fits under guard. Not sure which or if same one for the RR. Thoughts?

Never going to dial in a suppressed gas gun to not have fouling in the chamber and blowback without having a flo-thru suppressor design. Adjustable gas blocks are neat but can get super fouled up depending on your firing regiment. If you don’t have it already I would just reccomend switching to an H2 buffer weight or if only shooting supers possibly an H3 to slow that bolt speed and reduce as much blow back as you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still gets everything filthy. But they are nice to have.

Whatever you do to it, tune it with and without your can. What works one way won’t always work another.

Comment

You won't know filthy until you shoot some reloads with CFE BLK or CFE 223 powder. And they say it is self cleaning ?????????????

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          You won't know filthy until you shoot some reloads with CFE BLK or CFE 223 powder. And they say it is self cleaning ?????????????

It is self cleaning, just happens to only be chamber to brake cleaning[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            Ha....my loads have all been with cfe223. Maybe thats makin it worse but sure shoots good

Comment

we switched to Oss helix cans no blowback mags are cleaner than ever adjustable gas blocks wont get there on that subject but for sure slow cycling and ejection pattern

Comment

Originally posted by okiepighunter View Post
                we switched to Oss helix cans no blowback mags are cleaner than ever adjustable gas blocks wont get there on that subject but for sure slow cycling and ejection pattern
                They are cleaned cuz they don’t suppress worth a ****.

Comment

Just the way it goes, you can add vents, different charging handles, heavier buffers, extra power springs, adjustable gas blocks, piston systems, flow through suppressors, etc. but its still just gonna be a dirty situation. Just oil the **** out of them (like a lot) and they'll run.

Comment

So the general consensus here is that an adjustable block wont make any appreciable difference to the amount of fouling blowing back into the magazine?

Comment

You’ll have less gas in your face. But I can’t say you’ll see a noticeable difference inside the gun. Still gonna be filthy.

Comment

As already said, not much you can do, delaying the bolt opening will help some. Since you handload some powders are better than others, particularly the ones on the faster side. CFE 223 is only burning 85% of the powder in a 16" barrel.

Not sure what yall are complaining about on 5.56 being dirty, try 458 subsonic or even worse the measly little 22LR.

Comment

Working...
                        X