Cheap diesel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap diesel tank

I’m looking for an easier way to fill up a generator at our lease. I’ve been looking at transfer tanks, but they are wanting over $250 for just the gravity fed tanks. The one that I’ve found in my price range is only 14 gallons. I’ve been looking at marine fuel tanks as well, but I’m only finding them up to 12 gallons. I’ve already got a transfer pump and a cart/dolly to mount the tank to. I’m just needing a tank at least 20 gallons that’s cheaper than $200. Any advice is appreciated.

I would look for a 35 gallon plastic barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We used an old 18 wheeler fuel tank, 100 gallon, and put it on a small trailer with a cheapie pump from Harbor Freight. Works great driving around filling tractors with diesel if you are able to find something similar.

Comment

I use a plastic 55 gallon drum with a small 12 volt pump that I run off of a lawn tractor battery.

Comment

Yep, plastic drum

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
            I use a plastic 55 gallon drum with a small 12 volt pump that I run off of a lawn tractor battery.
            I thought about a plastic drum. I’ve got an extra one, but it’s bigger than what I’m needing. I have to roll this thing on a dolly about 50 yards to the generator, and sometimes that’s through mud and water. Would a plain polyethylene tank from tractor supply work?

Comment

Something like this maybe? I know it’s not made for diesel, but I’m only talking about hauling diesel from about 15 miles away.

http://https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/horizontal-leg-tank-35-gal?cm_vc=-10005

Comment

Originally posted by Bowlife View Post
                I thought about a plastic drum. I’ve got an extra one, but it’s bigger than what I’m needing. I have to roll this thing on a dolly about 50 yards to the generator, and sometimes that’s through mud and water. Would a plain polyethylene tank from tractor supply work?

I believe it would. This is a 15 gallon drum that used for generator gas. Transferred into into a 5 gallon can for easier handling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get one of these

Amazing deals on this Mesh Deck Steel Wagon at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

And strap a plastic drum on it. Don’t fill drum up all the way.
                  Mount the pump and battery on cart.

Comment

Working...
                  X