Knife Sharpener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife Sharpener

I’m awful at using a wet stone for knife sharpening. For my every day carry pocket knife, any recommendations for the best idiot-proof knife sharpener?

I’ve always used throw away blades for cleaning animals.

Warthog v-sharp classic II! There is a recent thread like this , I purchased this one last week and it is idiot proof (I’d know) :-)! Get the additional medium and extra fine stones - watch the YouTube how to’s never look back!

Comment

Sharpen and hone your blades with our knife and tool sharpeners. Dull blades can be dangerous. Keep your equipment in good shape with regular sharpening!

I have a work sharp and really like it. It's easy to use and not expensive.

Comment

I had a worksharp, ruined a couple knives with it and can't seem to keep myself from rounding off the points somehow. The wheel assembly came apart on it and I contacted them to order just that part, not an option and they wanted to sell me a whole motor assembly.

I use this for quick and dirty, easy setup and keeps the angles.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamL View Post
          https://www.worksharptools.com/

I second the worksharp. Been using mine for about 5 years and never an issue. Quick and simple to use and gets them razor sharp in no time.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out this video:
            [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEDyYJJ6f9M"]$9 vs $900 Knife Sharpener? Let's find out! Wicked Edge, Lansky, Edge Pro Apex, Spyderco, Rada - YouTube[/ame]

This guy is great at comparing a lot of different products besides knife sharpeners, too. One of the few YouTube channels I subscribe to.

I bought the Lansky and have been happy with it. Very easy to use.

Comment

Work sharp Ken Onion Edition

Comment

Crock sticks, get a set with both fine and course sticks and 2 angles.
                I use mine for my knives and broadheads.

Comment

I haven't had any trouble with the Lanky system, and it's easy to use. The trick to getting it REALLY sharp, though, is using a leather strop with some polishing compound. I glue a piece of leather onto a piece of wood, rub white compound on it, and use that as a strop. I can get knives ridiculously sharp that way.

Comment

Warthog or Lansky. For everyday use i will give it a few swipes through the Warthog and if i have time a touchup on a paper wheel.

Comment

sharp

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                      Work sharp Ken Onion Edition
                      Gota go with you on that...It can be too aggressive if you are...

Lansky is Super but slow

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamL View Post
                        https://www.worksharptools.com/

This, I have the Ken Onion edition (who the hell is Ken Onion? never heard of her)

OP if you get this you can run all your kitchen ware through it annually and won't take you but an hour to do every blade you own. Works on axe blades also.

Comment

If it’s a cheap knife work sharp works fine if you’re careful not to round off the tip.
                          Folks like the work sharp because it’s fast. It’s fast because it’s removing a lot of the blade quickly...
                          I personally would never use it on any nice knife.

Comment

Get a spyderco knife sharpener and learn how to use it and you will have a lifetime of hair shaving sharp knives. I’ve had mine for about 25yrs.

Comment

Working...
                            X