Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody use Archer's Advantage?

OMG an archery related thread!

So I'm trying to use my old arrows with a new bow and I suspect spine is too weak so I'd like to work up the perfect selection if I'm gonna buy new arrows.

Many years ago I used a software I bought that calculated it all out and in addition it had an actual spine deflection database that listed for example brand X 340's were really around 355 and brand Y 340's were more like 320. Of course if the software calculated that I needed a 330 that would effect my arrow choice. I can't seem to figure out what software I used and it probably doesn't exist anymore anyway but looking for it ran across the Archer's Advantage website.

I figured I'd ask and see if anybody here knows how well it works before I throw any money at it and see how well it works or of there's any better options I should look for.

I use the qSpine app and it seems to work pretty dang good. It’s got a pretty large shaft database and didn’t cost anything from the App Store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Archers advantage works good if you want to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
        I use the qSpine app and it seems to work pretty dang good. It’s got a pretty large shaft database and didn’t cost anything from the App Store.

Looks like they want $4 for database access. It comes with a "placeholder" DB with some shafts I've never heard of.

Comment

Used it long time ago when building sight tapes for 3D. I used “ Archers Mark “ the last few years and it seems to work for building sight tapes. Don’t remember if it has any spine info. Been awhile since I set up a target bow.

Comment

I use Pinwheel software for archers. Seems pretty accurate on creating sight tapes and has a pretty extensive database of equipment along with letting you override and manually enter anything.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              Looks like they want $4 for database access. It comes with a "placeholder" DB with some shafts I've never heard of.

It’s been awhile since I got it, so that might be true. But it’s worth it if you change arrows a lot to help get you pretty close for a starting point.

Comment

I used Archer’s Advantage extensively for several years while competing with compounds, and it was easy to use and right one the money with spine calculations. It allowed me to play with arrows builds for different target bows and hunting bows, before I ever cut an arrow or glued in inserts or points.

Comment

Working...
                X