Quiver for 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiver for 3D

Given my prowess with a bow, I figure to lose 8 to 10 arrows. So plan on carrying a dozen to my first 3D shoot in Ft. Worth next weekend.

What's a good quiver?

I have a Bateman hip pocket quiver, but it won't hold but about 6 arrows.

I have an old hip quiver I used for 3D on the compound courses. It holds 4.

Was thinking abouit a back quiver.

Recommendations appreciated.

Field or target hip quiver

Comment

Stool with golf tubes attached to the side. There is a lot of waiting in 3D unless your shooting traditional.

Comment

I used a hip quiver that holds 6-8 and have tubes on a stool. Between the 2 I could carry 12 but never have.

Comment

I would say pocket and hip quivers are most popular at trad shoots but there are a fair number of back quivers as well. Maybe you can hire a caddy to carry your arrows
          There’s very little waiting - you shouldn’t need a stool

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            I would say pocket and hip quivers are most popular at trad shoots but there are a fair number of back quivers as well. Maybe you can hire a caddy to carry your arrows
            Well, if you hire out cheap a caddy would be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              Well, if you hire out cheap a caddy would be nice! If ask that you call me Bwana!
              Last edited by SJP51; 05-01-2021, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                Well, if you hire out cheap a caddy would be nice! If ask that you call me Bwana!
                You know that "Vegetarian” is an old Indian word for “Bad Hunter" but did you know that “Bwana” in Swahili means “not that bad, but could be a lot better bow shooter”.

OK, just kidding SJP51. Just my 2 cents, but here’s my thinking. Do not start using a back quiver and then go shoot 3D after only one week using it. For me there is a definite difference when shooting my bow and wearing a back quiver. Might take more than a week to get used to it. With only a week to go, I suggest you use that old 4 arrow hip quiver, and find a way to attach the Bateman hip pocket quiver to it. Nobody really cares how your arrow carrying system looks. Rig something up and WEAR IT while you shoot arrows this week. Get used to it, then go to the 3D shoot and have a good time. While there, look around at the quivers and ask about what others are using. Good luck at the shoot.

Comment

I use one similar to the above link. You can fit plenty of arrows in it.

I’ve seen you shoot; you won’t need more than 6-8 in your quiver.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That is my actual quiver with 11 arrows in it.

Bisch

Comment

If you're just trying out 3D to see if you like it, you can get by with a 6-8" piece of 1" or 1 1/4" pvc that you put in your back pocket. I only shoot 3d once a year or so and that is what I use.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        https://www.3riversarchery.com/fred-...r-by-neet.html

I use one similar to the above link. You can fit plenty of arrows in it.

I’ve seen you shoot; you won’t need more than 6-8 in your quiver.

Bisch

You're too kind. Your actual is a good looking rig. I like the binocular hook.
                        Last edited by SJP51; 05-02-2021, 07:20 AM.

Comment

maybe just shoot off the colored stake that is a little closer to the target for the first time out. you wont lose as many that way

Comment

Got 3 dozen or so arrows. I'll just drag my kids Little Red Wagon behind me. Be good for snacks and drinks, too.

Comment

Working...
                            X