Costa Del Mar Warranty Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Del Mar Warranty Question

I have a pair of 580G Brines that are being replaced under warranty. Costa isn't going to fix them but replace them due to not having the same pair in stock.

The only problem is they are offering a pair of 580P and I prefer glass. When Costa replaces the glasses, do I have to send in the old pair? I would like to get the frames with the 580P and pop the glass lens back in (the warranty is for the frame).

You didn’t have to send them in? In my experience they’ve replaced mine like for like or close to it.

Comment

I have used the costa warranty probably a dozen times and they have always just replaced with the exact same pair of glasses. I have always had to send them in first for them to evaluate though

Comment

Do you need a receipt? I have the exact pair that I've had to superglue (rubber ear pieces) several times.

Nevermind. They are Rx lenses and would have to deal with the vision place. Not worth the hassle.
        Last edited by BlackHogDown; 06-09-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Ive always had to send ours in as well. And like the others, always received a brand new pair in return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
            Do you need a receipt? I have the exact pair that I've had to superglue (rubber ear pieces) several times.
            ^^^
            Yup same here. Nose piece and ear piece rubber is falling off.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post

Nevermind. They are Rx lenses and would have to deal with the vision place. Not worth the hassle.
              I sent mine in and they replaced the frames, not the lenses. I could have had the lenses replaced, but would have had to pay for them.

Comment

Another question on this; my pair was damaged on the frame holding the lens and finally came apart on me (my fault). Anyone know what their policy is on this?

Comment

I would ask for something similar in glass lenses. You paid for glass and they are usually $50-80 more than plastic. The new plastic lens will scratch much easier and those scratches are not covered under warranty.

It sounds like you are going backwards to me by taking the plastic lenses, unless you just really like the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
                    I sent mine in and they replaced the frames, not the lenses. I could have had the lenses replaced, but would have had to pay for them.
                    Yeah. The issue is...

"Costa Rx sunglass lenses and frames must be returned to your Eye Care Practitioner for limited warranty service."

Also, the Rx are only covered for two years. Which is BS because the frames are what I'm having issues with. The same frame, Rx or not. Maybe i'm misreading that...

Comment

Looks like they revised their warranty system fairly recently...

Comment

Originally posted by Sethmac View Post
                        Looks like they revised their warranty system fairly recently...
                        I think they are under new ownership now?

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                          Another question on this; my pair was damaged on the frame holding the lens and finally came apart on me (my fault). Anyone know what their policy is on this?
                          They will cover it, send it in. I ran over a pair once and they covered them.

EDIT: I just looked at that new link and it does look like they changed their policy, worth a shot anyway

Comment

I have just dealt with this last week on their new warranty system.
                            On their service website it likely gives you one pair of frames with different lens options. I called and told them this was unacceptable as I should be able to pick any frame that I like, and what I was told is that it was just a placeholder as an option to accept that you are willing to take a replacement frame model rather than your original frame. They told me once I accept the warranty work and I send my old glasses in, once they are in transit to the repair shop per the tracking number, I can call or chat with them and have them substituted to any frame I want. I sent in two pairs last week.
                            For reference, I sent in a pair of Straits with plastic lenses(discontinued) and they offered me Galveston model frames with plastic lenses. Once I sent them in I had this substituted for Mag Bay frames with Glass lenses for no charge. I also sent in Fantails with gray plastic lenses and substituted these for Fantails with glass lenses also. Again, no charge to me.

I hope this helps. Here is the link to Costa Del Mar chat room. I was told it only works on mobile devices, not sure on that though. https://www.luxotticacustomercare.com/aftersalesctc

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
                              ^^^
                              Yup same here. Nose piece and ear piece rubber is falling off.
                              That is a known issue on frames with their integrated rubber. I was told by an insider at Costa they have changed their bonding process for the rubber to stay on better - I will believe it when I see it, I have had my Fantails replaced 3 times now due to rubber coming off. Seems to happen every 1.5 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X