No announcement yet.

How far is your land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 3 hours for us, but we put our house on the market a couple days ago and accepted an offer the next day. We’ll be moving up to our property at the end of August!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
      Dang how often do you make it up there?
      once a year. usually the end of october to catch the geese flying through.

Comment

Mines Houston to Rocksprings can make it in 5hrs if its just me but usually 6hrs with all the stops. Don't mind the drive there at all the drive back isn't to bad if the night before we're taking it easy on the drinking and go bed early but that usually isn't the case. Also I stay for at least 4 to 5 days and stopped doing the leave early Friday morning and come back Sunday trips.

Comment

How Far

318 miles, 5-6 hours depending on traffic and number of stops.

Comment

About a 5 minute walk behind the house depending on how slow I feel walking that day.

Comment

450 miles is as close as I've lived to our place, but we will retire there someday.

Currently, we live 6,609 miles away.

Comment

Some of y’all are living the dream! I would like to find something within two hours. Hard to do.

Comment

Our Texas ranch was just 2 hours and 20 minutes from home. It didn't seem like a big deal.
                  Currently, we are in North Carolina and bought a place less than 90 miles away. Having the ability to make a quick day trip has been a game changer. My future goal in Texas is <90 minutes from home.

Comment

2 hours from driveway to gate (sugar land to Normangee). I’d like to buy some land in Oklahoma but wife ain’t having it right now.

Comment

Some of y’all are living the dream! I would like to find something within two hours. Hard to do.
                      Not If we lived in San Antonio

Comment

I’m 1.5 hours. Was 2.5 and thought that was too far so I moved an hour closer. Much much better. Easy to do a trip there and back in one day. I wouldn’t want to be any farther

Comment

How much land are you looking for and what part of the state? 2 hours does not get you very far from katy. My cousins always finding places for sale in Leon, Madison, Robertson and Brazos counties. Our 700 acres in normangee on both sides of OSR. It’s an easy drive, not huge deer but good deer and plenty of pigs. I can keep an eye out as stuff comes up all the time.

One good contact to find land before it goes on the market is the locals vets in town. They know all the ranchers and know when they will be getting ready to sale. (It’s worked for us)

Comment

Unfortunately we’re in no position to purchase a large acreage tract. So I’m looking for 15-30 acres with an exemption in place. Robertson, Grimes, have gone through the roof. I’m seeing prices drop in Freestone county but none had an exemption in place.

Comment

400 yds from the front door to the blind. Tree stand however you need to add another 25 yards. Now things will change soon as I have another tree stand to put up and that might add another 100 yds to the walk.

Comment

Nice problem to have brother!

Comment

Working...
                                X