Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not on my list! LOL

Comment

I have lived outside of Austin for 30 years and avoid Austin like the plague. I love the hill country and when my daughter graduates I will move further west.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Burnt- downtown areas of Houston and Dallas are better than Austin now. New Orleans downtown district is better than Austin. Austin has been destroyed both in safety and beauty by all of the feral citizens that the city government is supporting. Sure all cities seem to have a handful of tents etc set up. Last count I got about the big camp at Congress/ Cesar Chavez- 287 tents. That is 287 tents in the greenbelt next to where tourists come to look at the bat colony. Its bad- But I agree- the outlying areas of Austin (Greater Austin) area is still best area of Texas for multiple reasons
        Fair Park is worse than anything in Austin. Forest Ln and Abrams is too. Lol.

I tripped out driving down Cesar Chavez the other day. Hopefully they start to clean that up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you imagine how bad other city’s are if Austin was #1!!!

Comment

My kids live on the outskirts in the Round Rock/Cedar Park area. I spend about half of my time with them and the other half in Robertson county. I've learned to just exploit the Austin area for the good it has to offer and avoid the non-sense as best as i can.

But i can tell you when i get back to my rural living, i can breathe and relax much easier.

Comment

Well Portland is #10.

I personally hope lists continue to be like this in the future. If those yankees want to migrate here, they might as well concentrate in one area instead of overtaking some of the real jewels we have here in Texas.

Comment

Round trip to central Austin from Llano of 72 miles used to take two hours. Yesterday it took me four hours, with a gas stop. On each trip, new traffic lights pop up, with a five minute sit at each light that is red. More subdivisions keep tying in to the road system, and the clogging gets worse. More people, roads can't keep up. Parking pretty tricky as well, not to mention scary traffic.

Comment

Moved back to Austin in 2013. Lived in the Spicewood Springs/Mesa area then bought a house in Steiner Ranch. I guess that is the "greater Austin" area. We like it here. I always wonder why do people still go to 6th street? There are a lot of areas that are more fun and nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by kaizen View Post
                    Moved back to Austin in 2013. Lived in the Spicewood Springs/Mesa area then bought a house in Steiner Ranch. I guess that is the "greater Austin" area. We like it here. I always wonder why do people still go to 6th street? There are a lot of areas that are more fun and nicer.
                    I like the Steiner Ranch area, going to be a new seafood joint near there soon.

Comment

Houston and Dallas are no doubt worse than Austin as far as trash and crime. The greater Austin area is twice as good as the DFW metroplex. You couldn't pay me enough to live within 100 miles of the Houston area. Obviously Austin is being screwed up from all the liberals moving in, but its still a way nicer city compared to Dallas and Houston. Don't forget, Dallas and Houston have been controlled by the democrats for decades. Some people pretend that Dallas is still like it was in the 90's when Chuck Norris roamed the streets as Walker Texas Ranger.

Comment

Dallas city council and John Wiley Price were corrupt in the 90s. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Austin is great. If you're a free-loving, hippy, democrat.

Comment

LOSTIN,lost in lousy liberals!

Comment

Maybe Austin isn’t that great?

Comment

There are so many of these lists to the point where there are thousands of #1 best places to live. They all have different criteria and Austin doesnt make the top 100 on some of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X