Herbicide for fall plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herbicide for fall plots

Getting ready to spray our plots and wondering what is best to use. Last couple years I’ve used the Glphoysphaste 41% at 3oz per gal from Tractor Supply but it doesn’t get a good kill on some of our plots that have established Bermuda. What can I spray these plots with to kill them dead before fall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Codypatt1; 07-13-2021, 12:13 PM.

If you've had good rain, it will kill better. The more vigorous the plants are growing, the better they die. If it's droughty, and the plants are kinda dormant(like burmuda tends to do with no rain) herbicide doesn't work as good. You can always increase from 3oz per gal. 41% is brush killer strength though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
      If you've had good rain, it will kill better. The more vigorous the plants are growing, the better they die. If it's droughty, and the plants are kinda dormant(like burmuda tends to do with no rain) herbicide doesn't work as good. You can always increase from 3oz per gal. 41% is brush killer strength though.

Good info, thanks! Do you think it’s too early to spray plots if planting early to mid sept? Trying to get our plots to that next level!

Comment

Nope

Comment

Gonna be hard to kill the bermuda out completely. We spray round up on our coastal fields after cutting to kill weeds and stickers and the coastal/bermuda comes up like nothing happened

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
            Getting ready to spray our plots and wondering what is best to use. Last couple years I’ve used the Glphoysphaste 41% at 3oz per gal from Tractor Supply but it doesn’t get a good kill on some of our plots that have established Bermuda. What can I spray these plots with to kill them dead before fall?

I've used the same thing last year and this year, works OK but still not killing everything like it said it would. And I'm using more concentrate than 3 oz per G. Not sure what to do either ... someone else told me the RM43 is much better, don't know ...?

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
              I've used the same thing last year and this year, works OK but still not killing everything like it said it would. And I'm using more concentrate than 3 oz per G. Not sure what to do either ... someone else told me the RM43 is much better, don't know ...?
              RM43 has residual herbicide in it. It's good for fencelines and places you don't want stuff to grow. Would not use it anywhere I wanted to grow something later due to the residual effect.

Add a surfactant to your glyphosphate (or some dawn soap) to make it more effective

Comment

You’re pretty well doing all gly will do to bermuda. Discing the hell out of bermuda when it’s dormant after the gly treatment might work. Bermuda is tough, and it’s kind of a catch 22 situation. Deep discing is not helpful for the health of your soil but may be necessary to get rid of the bermuda.

Comment

Gly+Fusilade will smoke it

Gly will put a quick burn the fusilade will work on it for 3-4 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post

Can you tank mix, and how much Fusilade per gallon of water ? Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        Can you tank mix, and how much Fusilade per gallon of water ? Thanks !
                        Yes you can tank mix:
                        Gly 3 quarts per acre
                        Fusilade 1 quart per acre also use a nonionic surfactant 1quart per 100 gallons of water

Comment

I've hit a field 3 times this spring/summer with hot gly mix. It finally has knocked it back. Just started mowing a bermuda/johnson grass field today so I can start spraying for fall plots.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            You’re pretty well doing all gly will do to bermuda. Discing the hell out of bermuda when it’s dormant after the gly treatment might work. Bermuda is tough, and it’s kind of a catch 22 situation. Deep discing is not helpful for the health of your soil but may be necessary to get rid of the bermuda.
                            That crap is hard to get rid of

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X