Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    About 3000 years. It could possibly be a Wilson and 3 times that old.

Wow. Incredible. Thanks again

Comment

About 3000 years. It could possibly be a Wilson and 3 times that old.
      GarGuy, every so often you need to hear a TBH “thanks” for your expertise. I am a little bit smarter about names and ages of points thanks to you. Always look forward to your comments when a new pic of a point shows up on TBH, keep it up.

Comment

Old one?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
          GarGuy, every so often you need to hear a TBH “thanks” for your expertise. I am a little bit smarter about names and ages of points thanks to you. Always look forward to your comments when a new pic of a point shows up on TBH, keep it up.
          I totally agree. I also look forward to his hunting stories.

Comment

Originally posted by MRW View Post
            Old one?
            Yes it's old. Got a little hell's gap look to it but I suspect it's a cypress . Good one

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
              I totally agree. I also look forward to his hunting stories.
              And thank yall!

Comment

Here’s a couple from Palo Pinto county. I thought the sandstone ball was pretty neat. Thanks in advance for any info on these.
                Attached Files

Comment

The ball is cool. I have a couple like it. The point is worn slap out. Too far gone for a definite id.

Comment

The ball is cool. I have a couple like it. The point is worn slap out. Too far gone for a definite id.
                    Thanks GarGuy. I alway appreciate the fact those exhausted points have seen a lot of use and would love to know the stories they could tell, but I’d sure like to have seen it before it was whittled down.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                      Here’s a couple from Palo Pinto county. I thought the sandstone ball was pretty neat. Thanks in advance for any info on these.
                      Nice finds, the sandstone ball in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                        Nice finds, the sandstone ball in particular.
                        Thanks. The crazy thing is, it was in some plowed ground and I almost didn’t pick it up. My first though it was a mud ball formed by the plow somehow.

Comment

Trapper, I don't know what part of Palo Pinto county you're in but check out Village Bend on the Brazos. Fascinating history of Indian and Paleoindian occupation in that big bend west of Mineral Wells. I found some good points and a several likely gravesites on a ranch near there.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                            Trapper, I don't know what part of Palo Pinto county you're in but check out Village Bend on the Brazos. Fascinating history of Indian and Paleoindian occupation in that big bend west of Mineral Wells. I found some good points and a several likely gravesites on a ranch near there.
                            Quarterback I know the villagebend are of the brazos well. I grew up trot lining yellow cat in and just below the bend, with my grandad. Worked on a ranch just above the bend and across the river from it in high school. We would have to cross the river horseback and retrieve the ranch cattle that crossed when the river was down. I found a beautiful little bird point on the ranch I was working for. I probably could have found pile of artifacts, but I was more interested in cowboying and chasing split tails. My family came to Palo Pinto county after the civil war and settled on the river several miles north of villagebend at oaks crossing. Any links to the Indians @ villagebend would be very much appreciated.

Comment

Can I get a name on this one. Complete point but only notched on one side.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Got two more for identification.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X