• Show
Clear All

Pretty dang good

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Pretty dang good
      X2, that will work, great grouping.

Comment

Let’s hope my volquarsten barrel and victor company stock will do better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If your anything like me that flier in each group was not the gun....

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            If your anything like me that flier in each group was not the gun....
            I’m willing to bet we have the same problem!

Comment

I’ve got a customized Ruger Charger 10/22 setup for quiet long range plinking. Got a pistol brace on it with a Copper Customs adapter, a drop in Ruger trigger, a rubber buffer pin, stainless steel guide rod, lower rate guide rod spring, radiused the stock bolt so lower velocity rounds will cycle correctly, got a Barska rifle scope on it too. It was a budget build and has been a LOT of fun at the range, as long as I’m the only one at the range.

With running 40 grain Mini Mags, they are subsonic for the most part with only a very small number having a super sonic crack. I’ve played with it out to 200 yards where it can consistently hit a steel siloughette.

There are pictures of it on my phone but don’t know how to get them up here.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                I’m willing to bet we have the same problem!
                FIFY

I’m willing to bet we ALL have the same problem!

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                  I’ve got a customized Ruger Charger 10/22 setup for quiet long range plinking. Got a pistol brace on it with a Copper Customs adapter, a drop in Ruger trigger, a rubber buffer pin, stainless steel guide rod, lower rate guide rod spring, radiused the stock bolt so lower velocity rounds will cycle correctly, got a Barska rifle scope on it too. It was a budget build and has been a LOT of fun at the range, as long as I’m the only one at the range.

With running 40 grain Mini Mags, they are subsonic for the most part with only a very small number having a super sonic crack. I’ve played with it out to 200 yards where it can consistently hit a steel siloughette.

There are pictures of it on my phone but don’t know how to get them up here.

That’s awesome! What size Silhouette are you hitting at 200?

I plan on playing around as far as I can. My goal is to be able to get hits on a 6” plate past 200 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                    That’s awesome! What size Silhouette are you hitting at 200?

I plan on playing around as far as I can. My goal is to be able to get hits on a 6” plate past 200 yards.

They were about 18” or so. Keep in mind this is out of a 10” barrel. At that distance, bullet drop is pretty severe.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                      They were about 18” or so. Keep in mind this is out of a 10” barrel. At that distance, bullet drop is pretty severe.
                      That’s pretty impressive still imo.. good shooting.

Comment

What’s the best trigger options woth a reasonable price tag? My tacsol rifles have awful triggers. My daughter has problems with the pull weight.

Comment

I think the triggers I used 20 years ago were "Power Customs" could be mistaken it was a long time ago. Rimfirecentral.com has some tips and tricks on trigger tuning.

Comment

Barrel came into today imo it’s the perfect weight not to heavy nor to light. Just waiting for my stock! Come on Fedex!
                            Last edited by BLACKFINTURKEY; 06-28-2021, 06:04 PM. Reason: Text

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                                Yup, I'm also fond of the Takedown models myself. They are part of my "bug out bag" guns and yes, highly customizable and easy to work on.

What barrels are you running on your takedowns?

Comment

Working...
                                X