No announcement yet.

Surgery soon. Nervous.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you’re feeling better. Were you a smokeless tobacco user at one point? After several attempts to scare me with cancer, my doc finally got me to quit when I went in for upper back/ neck/ shoulder pain and he showed me the studies linking dipping to degenerative disc disease. Since then I’ve talked to several dads at baseball who are or were dippers and they all have some kind of back/ neck/ disc/ shoulder issues.

Comment

Good news Glenn, I hope it continues to be that way.

Comment

That’s great news!! And some great post surgery advice.

Comment

Good to hear that you're on the mend!

Comment

That's great news, Glenn.

Comment

Glad to hear you're feeling better and I hope it keeps getting better!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                Good to hear! Hope you have a full recovery.
                Bisch
                Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                Glad to hear it. Good luck with the recovery.
                Originally posted by bigjohntex View Post
                Good news. You will be so much happier without all that pain!
                Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Good news Glenn, I hope it continues to be that way.
                Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
                That’s great news!! And some great post surgery advice.
                Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                Good to hear that you're on the mend!
                Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                That's great news, Glenn.
                Originally posted by tlh2865 View Post
                Glad to hear you're feeling better and I hope it keeps getting better!
                Thanks everyone. I appreciate the comments!
                All the best,
                Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
                  Glad to hear you’re feeling better. Were you a smokeless tobacco user at one point? After several attempts to scare me with cancer, my doc finally got me to quit when I went in for upper back/ neck/ shoulder pain and he showed me the studies linking dipping to degenerative disc disease. Since then I’ve talked to several dads at baseball who are or were dippers and they all have some kind of back/ neck/ disc/ shoulder issues.
                  Thank you.

For a very short time, I used Copenhagen. I hadn’t heard of that before, but luckily, I quit when I did for other reasons. Had plenty of cancer screenings (luckily all negative) since then, and hopefully future tests will be negative as well.

My wife said she never would have even given me the time of day if I was a smoker or dipper. Gave them both up about a year before I met her.

All the best,
                  Glenn

Comment

Glad for you man! I started p t for my back last week. P A said she thinks there’s an issue between my spine and hip. Gave me some super anti inflammatorys and been better since then. Take care.

Comment

Hydrocodone= having sackrete for lunch...

Comment

I just went back to work after 6 weeks at the house had neck surgery they cleaned out nerve roots on 4 vertebrae in my neck my doctor is dr. Geibel with South Texas Spine he did a wonderful job on me

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                            Glad for you man! I started p t for my back last week. P A said she thinks there’s an issue between my spine and hip. Gave me some super anti inflammatorys and been better since then. Take care.
                            Thank you. Hope your back issue gets worked out (permanently) as well!

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                            Hydrocodone= having sackrete for lunch...
                            It hasn’t been bad. They gave me some meds to counter that, but I’ve also been taking Mirilax every day for a while now. That stuff works great, without making your stomach hurt.

Originally posted by Mudbug View Post
                            I just went back to work after 6 weeks at the house had neck surgery they cleaned out nerve roots on 4 vertebrae in my neck my doctor is dr. Geibel with South Texas Spine he did a wonderful job on me
                            Glad it all worked out for you! It hasn’t even been a week yet, and I’m going stir crazy. I’m used to always doing something when I’m home. Slept 13 hours last night (with one pee break halfway in between ). I finally have weeks of free time to myself, but I won’t dare reload ammo or pour lead with the meds I’m on... so it’s kinda “useless time off”, if that makes any sense. Ha! Can’t wait to get this surgical collar off!

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                            Great news!
                            Thanks!

All the best,
                            Glenn

Comment

Working...
                            X