HB 957 - Texas made suppressors exempt from NFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I’m one of those people. It’s not about the wait though, it’s about jumping through their stupid ****ing hoops and paying their ****ing taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I get it, the process and tax suck. The process is actually super easy, the waiting on them to approve just really sucks. But you guys keep on waiting for something that will likely never change while the rest of us enjoy using our cans and help save our kids ears.

Comment

We don't know and no one else knows if Grabbot will sign this bill. Even if he does it will take 1 to 2 years before it clears thru a federal court if it ever does considering how slow they move when they don't want to do something.(remember the Durham investigation?) Gun grabbers in Biden's DOJ are going to fight this to the bitter end.
      It is however a start and we badly need one more win.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        I get it, the process and tax suck. The process is actually super easy, the waiting on them to approve just really sucks. But you guys keep on waiting for something that will likely never change while the rest of us enjoy using our cans and help save our kids ears.
        And we'll keep on enjoying shooting like we always have .
        Can or no can it doesn't change anything.
        I have several friends with em, use em quite frequently and I've never once thought about how bad it was cuz I didn't have one

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
          Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          I have several friends with em, use em quite frequently and I've never once thought about how bad it was cuz I didn't have one
          This! That stamp money buys more ammo for even more fun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
            How about we just abolish the ATF. Such a simple fix to all of our problems...
            Absolutely!! Call Sleepy Joe and Kamala and tell them to do away with the ATF.

It will probably be no sooner said than done...

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post

Yeah, suppressors are ok, but not worth jumping through the hoops.

Comment

Owning / Shooting A SBR with a can are easily $400 worth the amount of BS to be able to enjoy / shoot now imo vs waiting for the non tax utopia that isn't coming...if I were getting into it today there would easily be over $1k in nfa taxes to get it over with. Buy once, cry once.

Comment

Yep shooting suppressed guns especially SBRs or pistols is much more enjoyable than not.

Every suppressor I own has been worth the wait and cost and the process is really no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by Mike D; 05-26-2021, 05:15 AM.

Comment

I find that fits not the hoops that are frustrating, it’s all the wasted time after you submit everything. You can by 3 cans the same day. They all 3 go to different desks for approval. Nothing efficient about it

Comment

Until I can tell the ATF to go pound sand, I'll keep using my 12 for $1 suppressors. They go in my ears and don't require a tax stamp...Work for kids and adults, and don't kill ballistics

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                        and don't kill ballistics
                        Suppressors don’t kill ballistics

Comment

Until I can tell the ATF to go pound sand, I'll keep using my 12 for $1 suppressors. They go in my ears and don't require a tax stamp...Work for kids and adults, and don't kill ballistics

Kill ballistics? Sounds like this is coming from someone who doesn’t own a suppressor. Shoot one once and you’ll never want to go back.

Comment

Suppressors definitely don’t kill ballistics. [emoji23]

Comment

Yes, shooting guns is cool.
                              Shooting suppressed guns is even cooler.
                              Shooting suppressed full auto in the dark under nods and thermal at animals is as much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

You can't argue with these statements, they're science and are above reproach.

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
                                Kill ballistics? Sounds like this is coming from someone who doesn’t own a suppressor. Shoot one once and you’ll never want to go back.
                                Don't own one, but have shot one. The one I shot was on a 308. Made little difference, was still loud unless you shot low powered stuff. At that point, why bother? I'm sure it makes alot more difference on something like a pistol. They're cool, didn't mean to offend the suppressor lovers, I'd probably have one if I didn't have to jump through all the hoops.
                                Last edited by jdg13; 05-26-2021, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X