Pheasant Hunt for 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pheasant Hunt for 4?

Some friends & I are looking for a reasonably priced 2-3 day wild Pheasant hunt in Texas, OK, or Kansas. Don't need a fancy lodge & meals, just some fields with birds. Wouldn't mind joining a larger group if necessary.

Me and my brothers go every year. Plus we’ll have nephews, grandkids and in-laws, making our group around 15 or so. We hunt Kansas WIHA’s around dodge city but I’m trying to get them to move towards Pratt. Better walking fields but big. Need a lot of people to really cover them good.
    There are also several outfits that will cater to your group. They pretty much all have lodging and meals.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
      Me and my brothers go every year. Plus we’ll have nephews, grandkids and in-laws, making our group around 15 or so. We hunt Kansas WIHA’s around dodge city but I’m trying to get them to move towards Pratt. Better walking fields but big. Need a lot of people to really cover them good.
      There are also several outfits that will cater to your group. They pretty much all have lodging and meals.
      How do yall do hunting the WIHA's? I've been researching this idea lately.

Comment

Last year not to good. Numbers were down. But finding quail made up for the few pheasants. Years past, done pretty good. Talked to a couple guys at the motel where they had a group of 40 and only killed 7 birds. This was on opening weekend. Think we had 13 and one dog in our group and killed about 6 and a bunch of quail. I think we could had done better if my brother would learn how to hunt them lol!!! He’s a old quail hunter and likes to go fast and furious. Can’t hunt pheasant like that.

Comment

Have dog, will travel.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Weve used Pheasants Galore out of Sublette KS for a few years now. Great guides, dogs, hunting, and meals. Cant recommend Kyle and his guys enough

Comment

Tule creek out of Tulia has released birds but they as wild as any wild birds I have ever hunted. Dane Swinburn is the owner. He is on my deer lease as well. He will put you on birds and you will have a great time.

Comment

It's been years since we did it, but see if they still do the Olton Lions Club hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    It's been years since we did it, but see if they still do the Olton Lions Club hunt.
                    Not sure about Olton, but Plainview still does one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      Not sure about Olton, but Plainview still does one.

Plainview LC said that they don't do it anymore, so I checked with Olton LC and they said that the Olton Chamber of Commerce sponsors one. I'm awaiting info from them and will post what I find out.

Any others?

Comment

We lost our contacts in Enid Ok. We use to hunt wild birds up there. I wont even hunt release birds after hunting wild ones for years in OK and Kansas.

We are trying to find some places to go in Kansas or even up into Nebraska. We have a group of 4-8 guys that would go. We much prefer to just pay a farmer to turn us on some fields rather than pay a guide. And do the rest on our own.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                          We lost our contacts in Enid Ok. We use to hunt wild birds up there. I wont even hunt release birds after hunting wild ones for years in OK and Kansas.

We are trying to find some places to go in Kansas or even up into Nebraska. We have a group of 4-8 guys that would go. We much prefer to just pay a farmer to turn us on some fields rather than pay a guide. And do the rest on our own.
                          If you're needing more for your group, please keep me in mind.

Comment

Following

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                              Plainview LC said that they don't do it anymore, so I checked with Olton LC and they said that the Olton Chamber of Commerce sponsors one. I'm awaiting info from them and will post what I find out.

Any others?
                              Dang I didn’t realize that. Plainview was still doing it 2 years ago. We hunted it up until 3 years ago, and had to pass the last couple years due to being busy. We were hoping to get back on it this coming year.

Comment

Working...
                              X