No announcement yet.

Archery Cape Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that's about all the info a man will ever need.. Good stuff fellas..

Comment

This is an interesting thread. I’ve enjoyed it immensely.... you guys know your archery equipment

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
        You guys are all braver than me. having been around quite a few buff's if I didn't have my .375 I would want a bazooka. As the saying goes..." they look at you like you owe them money. Have fun!
        Yep, it is a very true statement! Amazing how fearless those beasts are.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
          Just returned from my Africa trip. Shot this guy w a 790 grain Dangerous Game FMJ w a Tigershark head.
          Wow that thing looks huge, you have video ? I would love to see it if you do ! That HAD TO have your heart rate maxed out !

Comment

Definitely following this thread, great information here.

Comment

Just returned from my Africa trip. Shot this guy w a 790 grain Dangerous Game FMJ w a Tigershark head.
              absolutely beautiful buffalo!

Comment

that's a gorgeous Cape!

Comment

Shot mine in 2017 with 928grain (total weight with Broadhead) Easton FMJ dangerous game arrows (250 spine). Built the arrows myself. Tipped them with German Kinetic 210 grain head. Bow was Mathews Monster Safari set at 86lbs. FOC at 18%.

Got complete pass through at 30 yards.

Like other have said, a 80+lb bow isn’t needed, but for me, was part of the fun.
                  Last edited by cajunguy88; 08-20-2019, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Here it is two years later and I finally got my buffalo mounted and home.
                    Allen Palermo did the taxi work.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful mount. That thing will look at everyone like you owe him money forever. Just like in real life. On my bucket list is to go hunt “Black Death” with a bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                        Beautiful mount. That thing will look at everyone like you owe him money forever. Just like in real life. On my bucket list is to go hunt “Black Death” with a bow.

I hope you get a chance to make it happen. I've been to S.A. once, and fixing to go again. Not that I wouldn't love to take one with a bow, but it's just not in the cards for me (I'm not willing to spend that kinda coin on one animal), but I did have a group of 20 come within 20 yds of my hide, on my first trip, and there were a couple of huge bulls in that group. It was cool as hell, and I got some great video of them. That's gonna have to be good enough for me......and it is.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post

That’s what I was thinking ! Even the mount looks pizzed off !

Edit to add: All you guys that can get this done with a bow have my respect. My hat is off to you ! Congrats !

Comment

That is dope

Comment

Wow a thread that actually answers the OP’s questions and didn’t get sidetracked

Congrats to all of y’all who have taken one with a bow.

Comment

Man that’s so cool. I can’t wait to get one.

One of the coolest animals to mount in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X