Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Ragin’ + Pork Shoulder?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ragin’ + Pork Shoulder?!

Got tasked yesterday for a pork shoulder, shredded pork tacos for today and for leftovers during the week.

Had about half of what I needed readily at hand, went looking though the cabinets and found some Ragin’ Blaze chili seasoning. Problem solved!

Now, that pics from when it was resting/soaking yesterday evening. Smoked the shoulder for roughly 4 hours slow and low. Probably the biggest one I’ve done to date, and we usually do these every 2-3 weeks.

Dropped it into the crock pot with two 16 oz jars of Herdez red salsa, some fresh cut lime, a little fresh onion, roughly 8 oz of beer-type-substance (Miller Lite) and then let it sit overnight.

Next time I’m going to try a darker beer, Shiner Bock or something, and maybe a little more lime but this is a winner. Can’t remove the shoulder from the pot as it’s just shredding, which was actually the goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Right about now, I’m wishing I can get TapaCrap to work. It’s not refreshing recent pics for some reason so I can’t show the finished product.

It’s definitely good though and it’ll be a staple around here. I do love some chili with the seasoning but it’s by no means limited to just chili.

Comment

Stealing this recipe to try this week, reading this made my mouth water!

Comment

Looks awesome

Comment

Thanks for posting that Blake and yes, it turned out very good.

Comment

Working...
          X